Eddie Fucking Jordan

It was now passed lunch time and between the first and second practice session. I was walking through the paddock as I made my way to Force India’s hospitality when I heard a voice call my name. I looked round to see Vivian waving at me. I beamed a smile at her and waved back, stopping to wait for her.

We stood talking like old friends, people rushing passed us, or stopping to say a quick hello to her, she was one popular lady in the paddock. “so I saw you come out of Nico’s garage?” she smiled at me, with a glint in her eye. I laughed, “yes you did” I replied, trying my best to hold back on my blushing. “are you and him?” she pushed gently, “it’s um…new” I said, not really knowing how to describe it. she smiled and nodded. “this is big news in the paddock. We never see Nico with a girl!” she giggled a little, “you really must have taken his fancy, especially only meeting him this week” she told me, now I was about to start blushing. “oh well, I’m not sure about that” I replied shyly. “well honey, welcome to the world of the F1 wags” she giggled again. that comment made my stomach churn, I wasn’t a wag, was I? I mean, I wasn’t even with Nico, we weren’t even dating. But this wasn’t the time to begain questioning it. so I nodded along smiling trying to focus on what she was saying, when to make matters worse, a photographer spotted us both, and asked politely to take a photograph.

Vivian politely obliged, meaning I didn’t exactly have a choice, but I mentally thanked myself for choosing a pretty outfit because I felt okay stood with this gorgeous girl having our photo taken, knowing it was going to be in some sports paper or online. “thank you” the guy winked at us and then disappeared off when he spotted Romain Grosjean strolling through the paddock. “well Victoria, I hope to see you soon” she said, embracing me again, “enjoy your first weekend of many I’m sure” she smiled at me, “thank you” I smiled shyly, “see you soon” I nodded, and then we parted ways and I headed straight for the hospitality suite.

……………………..

I went to the bathroom and did what I needed to before I checked my hair and make-up in the mirror. It was a very warm day today, or maybe I was just a little nervous, but my make-up was staying put which I was glad about and my hair was holding steady. I’d sprayed it up a little to give some volume, knowing that the headset would probably flatten it down slightly. I was aware of the media attention the girls always get and how polished to perfection they all are, and I knew that simply being sat in Nico’s garage I was going to cause tongues to wag, so I needed to keep my game up.

I checked that my outfit looked okay, which consisted of a pair of flowing white culottes, black strappy heels and a loose silk black vest with spaghetti straps. When I was satisfied, I pulled open the bathroom door and headed back on out to grab myself an ice cream.

………………….

“you are having one without me?” I instantly smiled as I grasped the vanilla pot in my hand. I turned my head to see Nico standing behind me. “are you allowed one?” I whispered a little, making him chuckle, “yes but only a chocolate one” he whispered back to me, making me laugh, I nodded, turning back to the fridge and grabbed a chocolate pot too.

we grabbed a table near to the window and sat down opposite each other. “so are you enjoying your first day of practice?” he asked me as he stabbed the ice cream with his plastic spoon. I smiled and nodded. “completely” I smiled at him, as I mirrored his actions. “the car seems to be running well?” I said, making him look at me and grin, “yes, it’s perfect, dare I say” I laughed a little, “the tyres are good, I feel comfortable in the car,” he nodded, “can’t wait to get back in there for FP2” he told me. I smiled, I was looking forward to it too. “me too” I blushed, trying to contain my excitement, but I knew he knew how I felt.

“you are not bored then?” he asked, looking up at me slightly. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow which he laughed at. “okay,” he nodded, “I won't ask you any more” he grinned with a laugh. I giggled at him and took a swipe at my ice cream.

We sat talking for another half an hour or so, people occasionally walking by, wanting to stop and say hello to him, or a few fans asking for autographs and pictures. I was just so happy to be there, taking it all in, watching what was going on around me, all the while Nico was watching me intently, but I didn’t mind at all.

“what time do you have to get back to the garage?” I asked him finishing off my can of coke. He glanced up at the clock sitting on the wall above us, “in 5 minutes” he replied, looking back at me. I nodded as another wave of excitement washed over me, and I think Nico could tell. He gave me a wide grin and I giggled a little.

“Is this beautiful girl distracting you from getting in the car Nico?!” a strangely familiar voice interrupted us. We broke our gaze on each other and looked to the figure looming beside us. I gasped inwardly. “Eddie” Nico grinned at the guy. It was only Eddie Fucking Jordan! I loved this guy! “this is Victoria” he said, nodding over to me, causing Eddie to look over to me. He gave me a friendly smile, looking at me through his light blue glasses. “nice to meet you” I smiled at him, “you too miss, I heard the talk around the paddock and had to come and witness this for myself!” he told me in his quirky Irish twang. “Nico Hulkenberg in the paddock with a lady?!” he said, mimicking his thoughts, I giggled, glancing a little at Nico as he shuffled awkwardly in his head, adjusting the cap on his head. Eddie winked at me, knowing he was making Nico blush, I grinned at him, “well, you seem pretty comfortable out there in the car” Eddie nodded, “this seems to be working” he winked at me then, I blushed evermore and grinned at the former team boss. “can’t wait to see what you do in qualifying” he told Nico and then gave me a curtious nod and he was off, leaving me and Nico looking at each other. “I love that guy” I beamed at Nico, he laughed a little in relief and shyness, scratching the back of his head. “I think we better get back to the garage” I added, knowing after that little conversation Nico would be late. He nodded and we got up out of our chairs.

“I have got to use the bathroom before I get back into the car” he told me as we left the suite. “okay, I will see you back in there then” I told him, making him nod at me and then head off to the bathroom. I turned away from him and ready to rejoin my seat in the back of the garage, but standing in the way of that was a figure dressed in black and gold…