Breakfast

The next morning I was up at a decent hour, fixing my make up when my phone buzzed. I picked it up seeing a message on twitter. I accessed it, seeing it was from Nico.

morning beautiful, breakfast? X

good morning :) of course. X

great. My room, when you’re ready xxx

My stomach rolled over in excitement. I hastily finished my make up and sprayed my hair. I was already dressed, opting for a pair of pale blue denim shorts and a black loose fitting boob tube with a cut out back. I grabbed my essentials, phone, sunglasses, lip balm, gum and my paddock pass and I left the room.

………………………

I knocked on his door, and he answered it almost immediately. “morning” he greeted me with that smile. “morning” I replied, then stepping into the room. The sun was shining right into his room, he had the balcony doors open, and a cool breeze fluttered the drapes that lined the windows. “breakfast is ready” he said, closing the door and then gently took my hand, leading me out to the balcony.

“this is nice” I smiled, seeing a small two seater table adorned with silverware, crockery and very tasty looking food. “is it okay?” he asked me, pulling a chair out for me. “perfect” I smiled up at him as I sat in the chair. He returned my smile and then took the seat opposite me.

“did you sleep well?” he asked as he waited for me to serve up what I wanted to eat. “god yes, I haven’t slept like that in months” I smiled, and blushed looking up to him, “how about you?” I asked, passing him the spoon for the raspberries. “me too, for sure” he nodded, spooning plenty of fruit onto his plate. We sat there sharing the food that was prepared by the hotel for us, looking out onto the glistening water beside the hotel. It was honestly perfect.

……………………

“what time do you have to be at the track?” I asked him, sipping on a glass of freezing cold orange juice. “9am” he told me, sipping on a hot coffee. I nodded, glancing at my watch, it was only 7.30.

“so will today be as good as yesterday for you?” he asked me, smiling lightly at me, “it’s already ten times better” I said, popping a raspberry into my mouth. “really?” he asked, making me giggle. “of course,” I grinned, “unless your gonna throw me out of your garage?” I said, and he frowned, “for Kimi to get you? no” he said, shaking his head. I burst out laughing, “I told you he is there for every time you are alone. I may have to get a guard to escort you around” he chuckled. I giggled, “maybe I kinda like it” I shrugged, teasing him, his smile dropped, “Kimi’s attention?” he asked, I grinned even more, “the fact he makes you jealous” I said, giggling, seeing his face turn light pink. “I don’t think so” he said, sipping his drink again. I laughed, getting up from the table. Nico placed his coffee cup on the table looked up to me moving to him. I placed my hands on his cheeks, and pressed my lips against his own. “I don’t think you need to worry about a thing” I said, then turning away to use his bathroom.

……………………….

When I came back out onto the balcony Nico was standing up, leaning on the railing, looking out onto the sea. He heard me step out and he turned his head a little towards me as I moved to join him. “it’s so beautiful out there” I sighed, looking out to the view in front of us. He nodded and let out a deep sigh. “are you okay?” I asked him, looking to him. He sighed again. “there is something I am worrying about” he said softly, suddenly my nerves began bubbling up in my stomach. I stayed quiet, waiting for him to tell me.

He sighed again, then moved away from the railing, turning to look at me, “I haven’t even known you a week yet” he carried on, “but I really like you” he confessed, instantly my nerves turned into butterflies, “and I’m not going to see you for 8 weeks” he added. “what if you forget about me…or meet someone…” he added. I smiled, “Nico,” I sighed, he looked to me and his eyes looked sad. “I really like you too” I told him, making him smile a little, “but with all the girls that are around here I’m sure you won’t think about me that much” I laughed, making him smile a little more. “but I don’t want any of them” he said, picking up my hand that hung by my side. “you might think I’m crazy, I think I’m crazy” he started, “but I am most crazy about you” he confessed, my face must have been as pink as the raspberries we’d been eating as I listened to him. “I don’t know how it would work, but, I want to call you mine” he told me, holding onto my hand. Suddenly I felt hot, looking up to his face, his eyes searching mine for an indication to what I was thinking.

“then call me yours”