Monza

Tuesday. It was already 1pm, and Laura and I were already armed to the teeth with shopping bags. We'd had a very productive morning. We found a quaint little Italian café to grab some lunch, sitting outside in the glorious sunshine, the breeze gently caressing our bare skin, it was perfect.

A rather dashing waiter came and took our orders while pouring some sparkling water into our glasses. "It so isn't gonna be like this on race day" Laura said flopping her arms over the side of her chair. I laughed, "I know right, but its Monza, you kinda have to let it off" I replied, making her agree with a chuckle and a nod. We sat there in a moment of quiet, just taking in our surroundings and the lovely weather, when Laura's phone beeped a message. "Uh," she groaned at her disturbance, "that'll be Paul" she sighed, reluctantly moving to reach into her bag for her iphone. I laughed at her as I watched her open it up to read.

The waiter seemed to appear from nowhere with our food, surprising me, "oh thank you" I smiled, sitting up, pushing my sunglasses onto my short blonde hair. "You're welcome miss" he smiled at me charmingly, making my cheeks flush a tiny bit. "You never told me you met Nico last night!?" Laura gasped, interrupting mine and the waiters little exchange. I looked across at her and she was gawping at me. "What? Oh yeah, in the pool." I shrugged, then looking down to my food. "What happened?" she asked a little breathlessly. I grinned at her. "Nothing, I met him, we talked for like an hour and then he left."

"An hour?!" she gasped excitedly. "Yeah," I shrugged again, "just asked how I knew you guys and if I was going to be in the paddock today" I answered her, seeming more interested in my pasta, when her phone beeped again. "Well, it seems as though you have an admirer" Laura purred at me, causing me to look up at her. She was grinning like a Cheshire cat. "Nico told Paul to say Hi to you and he hopes you are enjoying your shopping spree" she beamed at me, and I must admit I did grin stupidly back at her, and maybe even blush a little. She squealed, "do you like him?!"

"I've only just met the guy" I shook my head at her as I chuckled. "Yeah but still!"

I laughed again, "he's cute" I responded, not daring to look up at her. But as there was just silence at the other side of the table, I grew nervous. Looking up at her, she was chewing on her food, but typing away furiously on her phone. "What are you planning?!" I asked suspiciously. She grinned, but didn't look up from her phone. "Laura!" I warned her, she sighed and looked across at me, "nothing, I promise...I just told Paul that you think Nico's cute" she shrugged innocently. "Laura!" I frowned at her in a slight panic. "Don't worry!" she shook her head, "he won't say a word" she said, trying to reassure me. I sighed a little nervously as I stabbed a pasta twirl with my fork.

......................

The rest of the afternoon we spent doing more of the same, more shopping, more sight seeing and a few more appreciations for the Italian male form, well, more so on my part, no one looked better to Laura than Paul. Which I did have to smile at, I wanted that someday...

Anyway, we were climbing out of a taxi back at the paddock with all our bags. We'd got finished in a pretty good time, and Paul was still in his meetings so we decided to head to the hospitality suite to chill out and cool down while we waited for the team to finish up.

We took a seat on the large red sofas, dropping the bags all around our feet as we sunk down comfortably. We both let out a sigh of relief, our feet throbbing from the days activities. "Ahh, been busy I see?" we heard a voice chuckle. Looking up, we saw a guy dressed in black trousers and a white Force India shirt. "incredibly" Laura laughed back at the guy and sat up, "have you got a second Laura?" he asked her, "sure" she nodded, "the guys are almost finished up" he added, then glancing to me. I smiled at him and nodded at Laura when she told me they wouldn't be long.