1

You are at home enjoying yourself in your small home in the kingdom when your mother slaps a bag of silver coins into your hand and sends you to go to the market. She gives you a list of ingredients and tells you that you may spend any extra money on something for the family. She literally shoves you out the door. Reluctantly, you head down to the market.

As you are walking to the market, you are approached by the head general of the king's army. He stops you and begins to speak.

"The king has heard of you and your... swordsmanship... and wishes you to become one of his knights. You and your family will be raised in rank and given a manor and titles. Do you take it?"

"I'll have to think about it," you answer.

"The king expects an answer before dinner."

He turns and leaves, and you can't help but be surprised.

You have used a sword before, but you aren't THAT good... right?

You watch him go for a couple minutes, and then remember what you came out to do. You continue down to the market.

You buy everything your mother requested and a small necklace for her, hoping she'll like it.

On your way home, you hear an unfamiliar voice call out your name behind you.

You turn around to see a figure in white robes. You cannot see anything of the figure beyond the cloak, but guess by the voice that it is a female.

"May I... help you?" you ask, wondering who the freak this is.

"I have been sent," she begins, "to request that you come to learn magic."

You are shocked.

"The magic has chosen you and wants you as its user. If you pass all the tests, you will be a grand sorcerer." She turned to face the woods just outside of your town. "Just go out there; the magic will guide you."

She turned to face you before disappearing with a twirl of her cloak.

Astonished, you begin to head home, all the while debating which you would rather be: a knight, or a sorcerer. Which do you choose?

If you choose to be a knight, go to page 2

If you choose to be a sorcerer, go to page 3