8

You chose to camp. You set up camp and eat a good dinner, knowing it may be your last.

You lay down to sleep after a long while of pondering how you intend on freeing the community. How you will kill them or scare them off.

The slavers are probably muscular, terrifying men, and there has to be several of them.

You eventually fall asleep.

You wake up at a noise, and look around, your hand reaching for your sword. You don't see anything, as it is exceedingly dark.

But that's when you see a shadow above you, just a silhouette in the night.

The next thing you know, you feel a sharp pain in your gut.

You wake, breathing hard, a slight pain in your stomach. You find yourself to be sitting up.

You lay back down and try to calm your nerves when you hear a twig snap.

You reach for your sword in the darkness, but it isn't there. You look to your left as you try to spot the weapon, and not finding it, you look back up.

You are startled by a bulky silhouette.

Your eyes widen as your mind travels back to your dream and you realize what's going to happen. You cry out as you feel a cold, metal object pierce your skin as you gasp your last breath.

Knowing that this is an enslaved community, you should have known that the area had to be crawling with slavers.

Now you are dead, and you didn't even get to save the community. Too bad.

Honestly, I thought you were going to be a good knight. I stand corrected. You are a knight that doesn't consider what might happen if you camp in the middle of plain sight in an area full of slavers.

Like I said, too bad.

The End