11

You decide to go fix up in the shelter.

You go inside, and you see a woman dressed in rags. Her hair and face are flawless, and she has an aura of magic, it seems. You almost think she could be who you are looking for, until you notice her eyes.

They are blood red with flecks of black. Taken aback, you look around the shelter.

You see shelves stuffed full of small glass bottles with strange, frightening things inside and herbs. One bottle frightens you the most, for entire eye balls stare back out at you.

You tear your eyes away and notice a large cauldron in a fireplace.

A sudden realization overcomes you.

The lady smirks as she steps towards you. Her gaze freezes you, and you find yourself completely unable to move.

She takes your bag right off your shoulder, stealing everything you called yours and throwing it into the fire.

She takes your sword from you and locks it in a chest, with a smirk still on her face.

She goes over to an over-crammed shelf and searches through it for what feels like an eternity as you wait fearfully.

She finally grabs a small red bottle and makes her way over to you. She looks down at your hand and her eyes turn black.

She makes you lift your hand, take the potion, and drink it, all against your will with her dark and evil magic.

You feel strange as you stand there, under her control. The potion is mildly affecting you, it seems. It feels almost as if your blood has stopped moving; your heart stopped pumping.

You are confused, for if that is so, shouldn't you be dead?

The witch releases her power on you, and you immediately feel the need to run; to cry out for fear.

You turn to run, but find you can't. You want to call out, but no voice escapes your lips.

You go to hit the lady, who stands amused. Your fist stops just inches from her, making you almost feel like you had just punched a solid wall.

The potion you have just consumed has made it so you cannot kill, you cannot leave the shelter, you cannot speak, no other potions will work on you, you cannot touch her, and finally, you cannot die.

The only way in which you can die is if the shelter is destroyed, but you find that you can't do even that.

If you don't do what the witch commands you to do, she beats you, and since you cannot die, the torturing hurts but does nothing to kill you, so the witch finds the worst, most painful ways to do it.

When that witch dies, you are stuck in that shelter, alone, until another should come along.

Every new witch is worse than the last. They always bring their own new technologies to help rebuild the shelter, and as time goes on, the sticks go to concrete, and you find yourself in a small cell every moment you aren't doing something for the witch.

You serve witch after witch for thousands of years, doomed to never die.

The End