13

You wake up to a bright, sunny day. You turn to find a lavish breakfast at your bedside. You eat it delightfully.

You find a note beside it. It says:

Be ready by the time that I come to get you.

Almost as soon as you finish reading, you hear a knock at your door. You stand and open it.

The lady is there, claiming she is there to take you to the test. You leave your weapons on your bed and follow her.

She through the castle and down a long, dark hallway, lit with dark, flickering torches.

She stops at a door, and says, "You will go into this room, and you will decide what is best. Now, go." She opens the door and shoves you in.

You stumble into the dark.

The door slams shut and you hear a bolt slide into place. You turn to look and you hear a noise behind you.

The noise is like bone clicking on stone. You shudder as you turn around and see a manticore emerge from the shadows. It growls and you hear it's teeth click together.

The noise you heard before, you realize, was its claws tapping the stone ground.

You reach for your sword, but realize you left it behind in your room.

As you see the scorpion tail emerge from the shadows above the head of the manticore, you realize you only have three options.

If you run, go to page 19

If you attack it, go to page 17

If you tire it out, go to page 21