2

You choose to be a knight. You head down to the castle, with your mother's best wishes.

Upon reaching it, you are stopped by a guard who asks your business here.

You tell him you were asked to be a knight, and the guard tells you to stay there while he alerts the king of your arrival.

A few minutes later, he is back to bring you to the king.

You follow him down elegant hallways to the even more elegant throne room. The king is dressed in gold and scarlet robes. The guard leaves so you may speak in privacy.

You kneel before your king as he speaks to you.

"I figure you would like to be a knight," he says, and you nod. He leans back, taking in your appearance, probably wondering if you were a good choice.

After a few moments, he continues, "You must complete a quest to show you should be knighted. You can either go slay a griffon, or you can free an enslaved farming community. While you are getting suited up, you may decide." He immediately calls over a servant who takes you to the armory. As you go, you are deep in thought. Both quests are extremely dangerous.

If you save the enslaved community, you might have to fight quite a few men. If you fight the griffon, well... from the stories you have heard, that isn't a good idea, either.

If you want to free the community, go to page 4

If you want to slay the griffon, go to page 6

If you want to back out, go to page 3