9

You choose to enter the castle.

You go to knock on the large oaken door, but it opens first. The figure in white stands at the doorway.

She removes her hood, revealing bright green eyes and long, curling locks of red hair. She says your name.

"I have been expecting you. It is about time you showed up." She smiles at you.

"Sorry... This place is pretty far away... from home..." You step into the castle.

"Home? This will be your home!" she says, beckoning you towards her.

You step closer as she continues, "I insist you follow me to your room. There is food at your bedside, as I can imagine you are hungry. Rest, for tomorrow you take your final test."

You don't question her about the test; just follow her to your room.

You are astounded upon seeing it. The bed is large enough to sleep three people comfortably. Your walls are painted with scenes of dragons, elves, wizards, and all manner of creatures you couldn't even begin to name, though you do spot some from childhood fairytales.

She leaves, closing the door loudly, and you go to your bed.

Just as she had said, there is a large meal waiting on a table beside your bed.

You scarf it down, amazed food could taste this good.

You lay back on the bed, astounded at its softness and fall asleep in a matter of minutes, not even considering what may happen in the morning.

Go to page 13