15

You decide to stay outside and attack. You came to defeat the slavers, not cower in the homes of the people.

You spot one, a large man standing in front of a girl.

You sneak up behind the man, who turns around to attack you. He raises his sword above his head, but a woman's voice calls out, "Andor, let me." The man lets his sword fall to his side as he steps away.

The girl that was behind the man, Andor, steps forward, a smirk on her face.

She is dressed in black, as are the other slavers, but she is different. And not just gender-wise, for hers are embroidered with gold thread. In addition to this, she seems to be wearing a bit of gold, though not enough to weigh her down in battle.

She slashes out with a sword and you block it with your own. You are surprised by her speed; you just barely blocked her, for any sooner, you would be in more than just a little pain.

You two fight as other slavers gather around to watch. Even some of the citizens are peeking out of doors and windows to watch.

You swords clash as you make desperate moves, playing the defensive. The fight is almost like a dance, and at every beat, you have to make your move. You can't miss a single one if you have hope or intention of living. It isn't for several minutes until you finally begin to understand her moves and think ahead, and slowly but surely, you begin to overcome her.

At one point, you feel your sword stop and the girl's eyes widen. You don't really realize what's happening until you realize she hasn't made her move. You look down to see your sword directly through her gut. A look of astonishment overcomes you as you let go of your sword and she crashes to the ground. She's breathing heavily for just a couple moments before she gasps one final breath.

You look around at the other slavers and you are stunned to see the men backing away slowly. Before you know it, the slavers are making a break for it.

After this, you spend a week in the community in case the slavers come back, and when they don't you bid the people farewell and return home.

Go to page 22