Head Case (4)

Sang's POV

       No-no-no-Please not again, I silently beg as I see a large muscled figure prowl towards me. Still in the throws of my flash back, my mind scrambles to catch up.

       With the sunlight to his back, the figure is no more than a dark black shape. The closer he gets the larger he seems to be. Shaking my head, I try my best to think of a way out of this. I can't think straight, but you don't have to when it comes to a swift kick to the balls. Deciding to play it cool, I turn my back to him and pretend to brush off imaginary snow before straightening up to my impressive 5'6 height. The figure stop a foot away from me in my peripheral.

       Maybe if I keep walking, he won't kill me, I reason.

       With that in mind I barely take a step when I', yanked back by the sound of a rough voice.

"What the FUCK was that?!" The man roars. He takes one large step in front of me—effectively cutting me off. I've lived my whole life getting screamed at and cussed out. I learned to just eventually zone out and block out the world. It's quite easy, all I do is close off my mind from anything and everything around me and retreat to any semihappy memory in the corner of my mind. If I can't find a good one, I just repeat a song in my head over and over until it's all I can hear. A living, breathing, husk is what that person is left to scream at.

       I'd rather be trapped in my own head than be subjected to anybody's screeching, I determine.

       I'm so numb to the world, that I barely register being picked up and carried. I haven't been touched by another human in three months. I also haven't received any type of affection from another human in...well...my entire life. than three years that didn't result in some kind of pain or a means to something I don't want to give. I would be struggling and screaming if I wasn't so far into my own head.

       I wonder how many scars this man will add to my collection? I ponder. The bigger question is:

       Do I even care anymore?

North's POV

       "What the FUCK was that?!" I demand. Sure, it's not eloquently put as Dr. Green, but I'm not known for being polite, I'm known for getting answers by any means necessary. I want answers and I want them. Right. This. Damn. Minute. I don't know how this girl managed to wiggle her way into my heart, but she's there now, and I'm keeping her just like the rest of those mangy mutts behind me. See I don't need to ask questions about why I care for who like Axel or Mr. B, I do-end of discussion. Now show me who I need to kill after I a quick cuddle and some water.

       The stubborn pixie is just as chatty as she was twenty minutes ago. She simply ignores me and just brushes imaginary snow off herself as I wait patiently for her to look up at me. When she finally does, I gasp and stare wide-eyed at her.

       Her eyes look completely dead. They are completely glazed over. It's kind of what Luke looks like when he gets caught in one of his daydreams, but this...It's like she's staring at me...but not. I'd be impressed if it wasn't some I cared about, or in her case—invested in. Seeing her tense like she's preparing for something makes me re-evaluate.

       It takes me all of one second before it dawns on me; She thinks I'm going to hit her...No. I look on her with devastation.

       The thought alone repulses me, and I physically flinch away. Rage once again consumes me and I snatch her up quickly, but gently and stride back towards the vehicle. I know I'll probably get in trouble later for handling her like this, but this precious girl needs help. Hell, she's too thin and weighs practically nothing which doesn't help me calm down. AT. ALL.

       Who's feeding her? I rage, why isn't she eating?

       I make sure to be as tender as possible and try to avoid touching the scars I see on her leg when I adjust her to find the door handle. I tuck my arm under her butt and use my other hand to grip her head into the dip of my neck to keep her balanced as one my brothers push opens the door for me. I don't care how ridiculous I look cuddling with her right now. I'm unofficially claiming her as part of the family as our bird. The rest will follow.

       As not to jostle her, I slowly slide into the limo and settle her on my lap keeping her body in place. I'm hoping the comforting position and warmth of this stupidly large box brings her back or at least lucid. When Luke and I were younger, he would be so far caught up in his dreams that I feared he'd never come back. I started to hold him like this and he would eventually snap out of it. Of course, he would never tell me when he came back to reality and would lay like that for hours while I was internally freaking out. When I did find out he was intentionally prolonging the 'free snuggles' he calls them, my scathing lectures would make even our stoic leader impressed. Mr. B might have given me an approving chin dip if I was a lucky bastard. 

       It secretly never really bothered me.

       As I start to situate her while ignoring my brothers squawking, her skirt rides up a little. Before Tugging the wool fabric back down, I see more bumps and valleys all over her thighs. Without thinking, I yank her skirt up high enough to see her full leg, but low enough to keep her modesty. As I do so, I hear gasps and curses all around me.

       The sight is enough to conclude the motherfucker who did this to her, will die a very painful death. Her upper thighs alone tell me more than she or anyone ever could. This girl has been put through torture beyond anyone's imagination and I bet my life these are only a small glimpse at the horrors she faced.

       I'm seething. Kota makes his way over to where I'm sitting with the girl in my lap and focuses intently on the scars. With a photographic memory, I can be sure he knows what caused them, how, and when. Only a few seconds pass when his eyes harden, and he looks up at me. My brothers all lean in as we all silently communicate our resolve.

       We're going to help this girl whether she wants it or not. Once the rest of the team sees her, she is about to have fourteen of the deadliest men at her back that will be willing to move mountains for her.

       We'll be generous enough to show the same amount of mercy her torturers showed her.

       None. 

--------------------

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Happy Reading!