Chapter 2: Surprise!

That's Shanika BTW ⬆️ Her eyes are so pretty

Shanika's POV

"OMG! Shanika! Hurry and come to my house! It's an emergency, help!!!" My best friend yelled from the other side of the phone.

"Lena?! Are you okay?! What happened?!"

"Just come, quick!" Then she screamed.

"Oh my god, ok ok I'll be there really soon don't worry!" I yelled and ended the call, ran down the stairs, put on my shoes in a record time of 5 seconds, and rushed out of my house to Lena's house.

As soon as I arrived at her door, I knocked it as hard as I could, my heart pounding fast. "Lena? Lena! Open the door!" I yelled as loud as I could. I saw a couple of people walking the streets look my way, but I didn't care. What if my best friend was in big trouble?!

Just then, the door opened slowly, revealing a fine-looking Lena eating a piece of bread. She wasn't even looking at me, she was just scrolling through her phone.

"L-Lena? A-are you okay?..." I looked at her up and down, to make sure she wasn't injured.

"Huh? What're you talking about?" She asked with a blank face, stuffing the last of her bread into her mouth.

"You know, the call you just gave me. With all the yelling and screaming. 'OMG, come over quick!' You remember, right? That was only a couple minutes ago." I said, as I was still catching my breath.

"Oh, that. I did have something I needed to tell you but it wasn't that much of an emergency. I just needed you to come over for me to tell you, but I knew you'd never get your lazy ass down here if I hadn't done that. And here you are, my plan worked!" She clapped her hands, smiling as if she had accomplished something amazing.

"What?! So you mean to tell me, that I came running as fast as I could and yelling at your front door which was totally embarrassing, for nothing?!"

"Well... if you put it that way, yes. But it's not nothing, I'm sure you'll love what I have to tell you."

"What is it." I crossed my arms and glared at Lena.

"Aww, don't be so mad. You'll be as happy as can be in like, 2 minutes." She said and lead me inside her house. We went into her room and she closed the door.

"Why're you closing the door?" I asked.

"Well, I mean, I don't wanna make my parents deaf. I plan on hiding in that closet too." She pointed to one of her closets.

"Uhh, why would I make anyone deaf?"

"Well, ok. So, don't freak out, but you know how it's your birthday in a couple days?"

"Yeah..."

"I got you the BEST birthday presents ever. Like, ever. Now, I have a question. Who is your crush?"

"Jin, that's for sure." I replied in a 'duh' tone.

"Exactly." She pointed her finger at me. "And how would you like to meet him?"

"I'd love to, but it's not like that'll ever happen." I sighed sadly.

Lena laughed.

"Shanika, not trying to boast or anything, but have you forgotten how rich your BFF is? For your birthday present, I got you a ticket to BTS's concert in Korea, and plus a fan meet afterwards! You'll finally get to see your bae! And what's better is that my dad even bought a house up in Korea so that we can stay a few extra days and go hang out!" She said.

I was still for a moment, with my jaw hanging open, trying to comprehend the whole thing. BTS... concert... fan meet... Jin... Korea... hang out. "Wait... what?!" I suddenly yelled. "Are you serious?!"

Lena nodded, then dashed towards her closet and crawled in as I inhaled a lot of air into my lungs... then screamed the loudest, happiest, scream of my life. "OMG! OMG! OMG! Lena Lena Lena Lena I love you!!!!!" I pulled Lena out of her little hiding spot and hugged her as tight as I could.

"Stop... you're... suffocating me..." Lena said and pulled off of me.

"Oh, sorry. But seriously, thank you so so so much!!!" I exclaimed.

"You're welcome." She replied.

"Are you parents home?"

"Yeah, why?"

I rushed out from Lena's room and found her parents in the living room. "Mr. and Mrs. Jung, thank you so so so so so so much for the BTS concert and fan meet and house in Korea! I'm really happy that Lena's my best friend!" I exclaimed to her parents.

"You're welcome, we're happy that you're happy." Lena's mom said.

"Just don't have too much fun and do something stupid in Korea, alright? And I know that having parents around can be a 'drag' sometimes, so I'm letting Lena and you go by yourselves. Good luck!" Lena's dad said.

I bowed to them both just as Lena came down the stairs. I went up to her and hugged her again, then said "I need to go home now and tell my parents all this! They'll be so surprised and happy for me! Thanks again, and bye!" I said and headed towards my house.

As soon as I got back to my house, Lena texted me the days and what I should wear. I immediately started packing.

A/N: Hello, I'm Mireinda Jung and I have brought to you guys another new story! I'm sorry that most of my stories are yet to be finished, but I'm making a new story... again. I'll try harder to finish those other stories so that I can put my all into this one! Although, it's more fun to work on multiple than just one...
Anyways, maybe some of you noticed that my pen name changed! My last pen name was Reina Jung, but I've changed it to Mireinda Jung since it's closer to my real name. I just used Reina before since it sorta kinda sounded like my name, plus it means queen in Spanish!
- Mireinda Jung -