Chapter Twenty-Eight|~| A Twoleg Became a Warrior Cat

Since I'm finished, why not another chapter?

"Exile! Exile! Exile!" yowled the clan.

Harestar sat on the HighBranch and looked down upon her clan in dismay. They were all rooting to exile her deputy just because his apprentice had nearly died.

"RiverClan! Is this really-"

She was drowned out by the yowling and bellow she saw Stoneclaw pressed up against the HighBranch, in fear of the angry clan.

"Exile, exile, exile!" the yowling got louder and louder.

"OKAY!" Harestar looked down upon RiverClan as they became silent and Stoneclaw looked up at her in despair. "But please-" low growls admitted around her and she sighed. "Stoneclaw, you are no longer part of RiverClan. If anyone is to meet you in the territory after sundown they have my permission to kill you."

Harestar saw panic in Stoneclaw's eyes. "Do you have anything to say in your defence."

"I did not mean to lose Weedpaw. It was pure lu- I mean bad luck that the Twoleg was there! I wouldn't-"

"If you had been watching your apprentice you would have seen what would have happened and tried to get help! You are so lucky Saffronstem found Weedpaw!" Pinepaw hissed in his face.

"Enough," Harestar would not lose control of her clan. "Get out."

Stoneclaw walked through the cats, they parted like the Red Sea and he left, he didn't even look back.

"The new deputy will be-" she had already made up her mind.

"Saffronstem, Saffronstem, Saffronstem!" the clan chanted.

She faltered. She was going to say Hailstorm.

"Uh yes, Saffronstem," Harestar half mumbled and jumped from the HighBranch.

She pulled a piece of prey from the pile and went to lie down in her den. A few moments later in walked Saffronstem. "I think Weedpaw deserves her warrior name."

"Don't over stay your visit Twoleg," she spat. Saffronstem ignored her.

"What do you think? Weedflame, Weedsoul, Weedclaw . . ."

I've already got one. She thought. And left the den with her deputy following.

The clan was still gathered, though talking in small groups.

"RiverClan!" announced Harestar. "We have something else to do that is necessary. I believe that an apprentice needs to become a warrior. Though she did not finish her assessment Weedpaw went through a lot to get back to RiverClan. Weedpaw step forward."

She did.

"Do you promise to fight and defend RiverClan with your life?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to always obey your deputy, leader and fellow warriors."

She hesitated and Harestar frowned.

"Harestar!" Suddenly called Saffronstem. "Do you know a name for her?"

Of course I do!

"Yes, this warrior will be named Weedwatcher."

"WEEDWATCHER, WEEDWATCHER, WEEDWATCHER!" the clan chanted. They seemed to like chanting today.

****
****

Two days and one night later Weedwatcher sat, staring at the moon. It was time. She sighed and walked back into the Warriors den. She shook Saffronstem awake and motioned for her to follow. They went to wake Dogfang, Pinepaw and Chevriltail. They left the camp quickly and stood a little way from it near the river.

"I have news," Weedwatcher said sadly.

"Good or bad?" asked Pinepaw.

"Bad," she gulped. "As soon as the sun rises, Saffronstem will go back to a Twoleg, forever."

There was silence as everyone processed this.

"I will lose my powers as well."

"How long have you known this?" asked Chevriltail.

"Two days."

Suddenly Saffronstem smiled. "I have a plan."

****
****

Weedwatcher plonked down next to Dogfang and Chevriltail, panting and soaked through.

Pinepaw and Saffronstem were seeing who could catch the most fish. They had decided to have fun before Saffronstem left. Suddenly Weedwatcher noticed a prick of light over WindClan territory.

"It's nearly here," she said.

As Pinepaw and Saffronstem resurface she called them to the bank and nodded to Chevriltail who took off towards the camp.

"Meet you at the border!" she called to him before he disappeared. "Let's go."

They ran through the territory, faster and faster as they saw it getting lighter. They came to the clearing at the border and they got into positions. Dogfang lay on the floor panting while everyone else hid. Soon Harestar, Scorchburn, Clawstone and Rabbitfoot appeared behind Chevriltail.

"Here," said Chevriltail. "He wanted you."

Weedwatcher flew from the bushes and landed on Rabbitfoot, pinning her down. The others did the same. Pinepaw had Clawstone. Dogfang had Scrochburn and Chevriltail had Harestar. Only Saffronstem wasn't here yet. The element of surprise always works, the other cat is bigger than you.

Suddenly light bathed the trees and there was a flash of light where Saffronstem had been hiding. A Twoleg emerged and Harestar screeched in fear. Saffronstem carried a sack that they had found and Chevriltail got off Harestar. Before Harestar could move, Saffronstem swooped down, picked her up and dropped her in the bag. She did the same to the other three.

Weedwatcher smiled at her as she turned and began walking towards the Twolegplace.

"Thank you!" Weedwatcher called and Saffronstem smiled back at them before she was gone.

Weedwatcher looked at her scar and saw it healing. She felt the one on her head heal as well, until they were gone.

A Twoleg had just become a Warrior Cat.

And done!

Phew! That was amazing don't you think!? When I started writing this book I had no idea why Saffronstem was brought into RiverClan. But now I do. I am so proud of myself! This is my first book I've completed! I would like to thank LeafxCrow4ever and hey-youngblood7 because they have been with me this entire book! I'm so glad they were or else I don't think I would have finished it. I apologise for any mistakes. Especially the first chapters up there! Hope you all enjoyed!

-Pebbles