Fantasy Book Snipit

So here be my fantasy book snippet. Tell me if you like it :3

Trixie Tapper took a deep breath. She was standing in front of The Room. Not a very original name, but a place to stay none the less. She gently tapped on the door, which was quickly opened by Elixrays. Blue, scaly creatures with two gaping mouths that sat sideways on their jawline. Trixie had to stop herself from shuddering. The first time she had seen these creatures she had sent every bird within 10 kilometres flying off in shock. She winced back at the memory and plastered on a smile. No matter how vile they looked, they were nice people and very generous.

"A single room please," Trixie asked politely.

"Of course," the pair of Elixrays nodded. They always dropped into a deep tone in the last word of their sentence. "Breakfast as well?"

"No. Not enough money," Trixie sighed while shoving her hands in her pockets. They both looked at her sympathetically.

"That's okay. Breakfast is on the house!" they smiled.

Trixie had to stop herself from laughing in satisfaction. Elixrays were also very sympathetic, and combined with their generous trait, you can get a lot out of them. At first, when she first realised these creatures traits, Trixie had felt guilty about scamming them. But she soon realised that she needed their generosity to live. And besides, she never left them empty handed. She would pay for the room. She would even clean her room and make her bed, just to help them out.

"Thank you," Trixie smiled gratefully.

But then she felt her jacket start move and wriggle. She quickly wrapped her arms around her stomach to try and stop it moving and smiled, embarrassed, while running up the stairs to her room.

"Number 12!" one of the elixrays called out.

She quickly clambered into her room and slammed the door shut while a fluffy creature scrambled out from her jacket. "Eugene! You almost got us kicked out of here. You know they don't like pets in here," Trixie whispered exasperatedly.

Eugene hooted happily while his tale flicked side to side. Eugen was a zowl, an owl cross cat. His head was feathery and ears stuck out on the top of his head. His eyes were large like an owls, but had slit pupils like a cat and were the brightest of green. He had wings in the middle of his back, which was currently folded. Past the wings was soft fur that travelled down to his front paws and back talons. His tail was overly long and started feathery then changed to fur. His talons and paws were ice silver, along with the tip of his ears and tail. The rest was a deep, dark black with the occasional deep red that was barely noticeable because it was so dark against the black.

Eugene hooted and purred excitedly while curling up on Trixie's bed. "Good night boy," Trixie whispered while patting Eugene's soft head. "Good night."