I Care

Chapter 8

~his

It had been a little over a week since I heard from Nicki, she had been ignoring my calls, texts and I couldn't do nothing about it because I was in Chicago and she was here, but now that I was back, I was gonna find out what's wrong with her and make her talk to me whether she like it or not.

"Yo Chanel." I called out to her as she tapped the coffee machine irritatedly.
She waved me off. "I'll be with you in a minute."

"Chanel." I said a little louder.
"I said wait damn- oh it's you." She started saying until she finally turned around and saw me.

" She started saying until she finally turned around and saw me

She wiped her hands on her apron and walked over to me. "What do you want?"

"Where's Nicki?" I asked.
She looked around and shrugged. "She's not here."

"Stop lying it's Thursday, she works today."

She nodded and popped her gum loudly. "Yeah she's meant to be here but she hasn't been here all week."

I sighed and ran my hands over my face. "She hasn't been answering my calls"

"Well maybe she doesn't want to talk to you right now." She said before turning on heels and going over to serve a customer who had just arrived.

I stood in the restaurant for a minute contemplating whether I should drop the situation or go see what's up.
Eventually I decided I wasn't just gonna let her cut me off like this so I made me way over to her and Chanel's apartment.

"What the fuck you wearing? Opening the door half naked!" I yelled when Nicki answered the door dressed in nothing but some boxers and a sports bra.

She opened the door wider for me to come inside and walked away holding her head. "Leave me alone Jace. My head hurts." She mumbled quietly.

I grabbed her arm, turning her around to face me. "I've been calling you. Left you messages."

"Jace I'm sorry I was meant to call you back but I feel like shit." She said and I knew she wasn't lying. "You look like shit too."

She smiled sarcastically and made her way over to the kitchen. "Thanks."

"It's cold as fuck in here." I said feeling to cold breeze hit the back of my neck as I started taking off my jacket.

"Keep your jacket on." She shrugged.

"Nic this ain't right whys it so cold in here?" I didn't understand how she could be walking around half naked meanwhile I'm here freezing whilst fully dressed.