Talk to me

Chapter 37

- hers

"Where's baby girl?" I asked Jace's mom, Jada. "Upstairs." I nodded and was about to head towards the stairs until she stopped me. "Hold on."

"I want to talk to you sit down." I did as told and sat on a seat around the kitchen table. "Tell me what's been going on with you and I want the truth." She said as she sat across from me.

"Please don't do this to me." I pleaded. "What is it Nicki? What's got you so scared?" I blinked trying to keep my tears from falling. "I didn't want it." I whispered but she still heard me.

"Want what baby?"  She asked. "It wasn't my fault...I don't want Jace to hate me."

"Why would he hate you?" She frowned. "Because I let it happen...I cheated on Jace." I said letting my tears fall. "I didn't want it. I told him to stop but he wouldn't listen."

"I don't want Jace to hate me." I repeated, losing him over this was my biggest fear. "Nicki-"

"I tried but I couldn't stop him so I just laid there and let it happen. I should have put up more of a fight but I didn't..."

"While Jace was away I started hanging out more with my friend Chris and some of his friends... We all went out to some club one night and one of his friends Dre kept handing me these drinks and I was so wrapped up in the moment that I didn't even asked what was in them.
After the first drink my head was spinning but I'm a lightweight so I thought nothing of it.

At the end of the night Dre offered to take me home, I agreed but instead he took me back to his place.

I was completely drunk and he started kissing on me, I remember asking him to stop but he wouldn't. He started saying how Jace wasn't right for me and me & him should be together and then... then he forced himself onto me."

It wasn't until the next day when I woke up some what sober and realised that I didn't want it. I didn't want to have sex with him.

"Oh come here baby." She said pulling my into a hug. "Don't tell Jace please. Promise me you won't."

She paused before nodding. "I promise."

- his

"Mama!" I chuckled answering the phone. "Listen to me Jace. I'm about to tell you something important and I need to make sure you don't do anything stupid." She said in a serious tone.

"What is it?"

She sighed deeply before answering. "It's Nicki... I think- Jace she was raped."

I stood there emotionless as her words were repeated over and over in my mind. I hung up the call and completely blanked out. Throwing my phone against the glass window, I watched as it shattered into pieces.

"FUCK!" I yelled picking up the nearest thing to me which was Armani's high chair. I picked it up and threw it against the wall and let out the rest of my anger by punching the wall, not stopping until I saw blood.

- hers

After leaving Jada's house, Zena called me and said she wanted Mani for weekend as she had her godson over there too, so I dropped Mani off and took my time driving back home.

"Baby? What happened?" I asked walking into the kitchen. By the state of the house I knew Jada had broken her promise and told him.

I sighed walking over to him. "Baby?" I said softly and he looked up at me slowly.

"Jace what did you do?" I asked as I kneeled down beside him and reached for his hand. I brought his hand to my face and softly kissed his bruised, bleeding knuckles.

"Why didn't you tell me Nic?" He said, finally speaking. It sounded as if he was crying but there were no tears. I could tell he was hurt. "I didn't know how to, I was scared you'd be mad at me." I replied as I moved over to sit on his lap.

"Does Chris know?" I shook my head. He didn't know for the same reason I didn't want Jace to know because I know they would probably kill Dre and I couldn't risk losing either of them.

"I love you Nic and I'm sorry I let this happen to you but ima make things right I promise."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please excuse any errors ✨🌹

What do you think is going to happen next? What should Jace do?