Regret & Guilt

Chapter 12

- his

It had been 4 days since Nicki found out her brother died and the news was killing her.

"Here I got your favourite." I said handing her the pizza box. She shook her head pushing the box away. "No thank you I'm not hungry."

I sighed and sat next to her on the bed. "Come on Nicki please you haven't eaten anything in two days."

"I'm not hungry."

"But it's not just you. You gotta think about the baby." I said genuinely concerned.

"Just take a bit at least." She picked up the box and crawled into my lap.
"Okay." She whispered as she opened the box and took a tiny bite from the pizza.

"Thank you."

"Thanks for coming." I said to Chanel as I held open the door for her to come inside my house. "Of course I was gonna come over with or without an invite. Nicki's my best friend."

"So how's she been?" She asked. "She hasn't left the room since. She not eating and early mornings I hear her throwing up."

"Well the throwing up is probably morning sickness, I think. As for her not eating don't worry about it-" I frowned and looked at her like she was crazy. "Don't worry about it? She's carrying my seed!"

She sighed shaking her head. "I know I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was I'll have her eating. I promise."

"Alright"

- hers

"Nic?" I heard a familiar voice call out. I rolled over and was surprised to see Chanel stood, leaning on the door frame.

"What are you doing here? I told Jace I didn't wanna see anybody."

"Anybody? It's me you're talking to Nicki." She said sounding offended.

"Chanel I don't wanna speak to nobody. My brother just died!" I snapped.

"Don't you think I didn't know that! Nico was like family to me too. I get that you're hurt but sitting here starving yourself AND your baby is not the right way to deal with your problems."

"I'm not starving myself!" I argued. "Just leave me alone Chanel!" I sighed pulling the sheets over my head.

"No!" She yelled pulling back the sheets. "Now listen. I'm going downstairs and I'm going to cook you some fried chicken, greens & potatoes and you're going to eat it. All of it!" She said sternly storming out before I could object.

"Why did you let her come over?" I asked as Jace walked in and laid down besides me. "Because look at you baby" he said.

"I'm fine! I don't need you or her! I just want to be left alone!" I yelled going over to the ensuite and locking the door behind me.

- his

"Baby!" I called out but got no response.

"What she doing? She lock herself in the bathroom?"

She sighed and knocked on the door. "Nicki! Remember when Ashley died? And you wouldn't leave me alone. Dragged me out to a party with you every week to try and help me get over it. Well that's what I'm trying to do with you."

"You know Nico hated all that mushy stuff, crying and shit."

"Chanel. It's hurts! He's actually gone." Nicki cried.
"I know it's does."

"Jace? Can you give us a minute?" I nodded slowly and left out so they could talk.

"Looks who's finally out of bed and decided to brush their hair." Chanel announced as she appeared at the step with Nicki besides her.

"Jace I'm sorry for pushing you away. What happened to Nico wasn't your fault so I shouldn't take my anger out on you." Nicki apologised and I got nothing but guilt. It was all my fault, she's hurting right now and putting our child at risk all because of me.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry it's short but I realised I haven't updated in a while and wanted to give you guys something so here it is!

Thank you for reading.
Please please Comment & Vote, I appreciate each vote and comment. I enjoy reading your comments and try my best to respond.

🌹C'lena