Secrets

Chapter 18

- his

I was sat in my meeting room I had here in my house, waiting for JJ who called earlier and said he had something important to tell me.

"Wassup Jace." He greeted me and I gestured for him to sit down. "Who's this?" I asked pointing to the stranger he had with him. "Oh this is my boy Mikey."

"I don't know how to say this." JJ said to me, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. "It's about your new girl Nicki."

"What happened? The baby good?" I asked beginning to panic thinking something happened to her or the baby.

"Nah they're fine. I told the guys not to do anything yet until I spoke to you" I frowned in confusion.

"Well you know how we've had Tak, Nico's best friend at the warehouse since Friday?We finally got him to spill some information."  See Nico died owing me a lot of money and I wanted to find out what he was doing which meant he couldn't pay me on time.

"And he admitted he wasn't Nico's business partner. They were just good friends. He only found out about Nico's side job recently." He explained.

"If he wasn't his partner. Then who was?"I asked and his change in posture and look on his face answered my question. I said the first name that came to my mind after linking what he said in the beginning and now. "Nicki?"

He nodded slowly. "Yes sir."

I angrily threw him up against the wall, what he was doing was mad disrespectful, coming up in my office accusing my girl of shit. "I don't believe it! you better prove this shit you're talking or be prepared to fucking die!"

He held his hands up in surrender and gestured for me to look over at the guy he had entered my office with. "I thought you'd ask that. Mikey. He good with phones and shit. He tracked Nico's phone calls and texts with his 'partner' and the address on the phone led us here."

"Let me see." I grabbed Nico's phone from him and started reading through the only thread on it.

**Yo I need the money
I told you, you gotta wait*
**You sold this shit yet?
Yh, made 10k*
**Meet me @3
**I asked you to help me but your dumb ass wanna be selfish & keep MY money to yourself
**answer your fucking phone! I got people after me. The boss wants his money!

That Evening

"Jace- oh hi, I didn't know we had company." Nicki said as she finally returned home from another day of shopping with Chanel.