Me & Mines

Chapter 38

- his

"So what are you gonna about the Nicki situation?" Tez asked me. I sighed. "I don't even know. I still can't believe that shit happened."

"I know man. Although she act like she hate me, Nicki, she's like my little sister. This shit that happened to her hit me hard." He said.

"I think we need to hit up Chris-" I quickly cut him off, I didn't want Chris involved. "No."

"Jace I know you hate him but he's the only one who knows who this Dre guy is and where we can find him." He explained.

"I can't lie I was surprised by your call... What did you want to talk to me about?" Chris asked as he walked into my office at the house.

"Take a seat. I heard you and Nicki have been around each other a lot while I was away." I said as he sat down.

"Jace there's no disrespect at all. I know nothing is ever going to happen between her and me. She loves you and I can respect that-"

"This isn't about that." I cut him off. He frowned, confused. "Then what's it about?"

"Your friend. Dre." I took a deep breath before telling him what had happened.

"WHAT?! HE'S FUCKING DEAD!" He yelled as he stood up and flipped his chair in anger once I told him.

He charged towards the door but I stopped him. "Hold on." He stepped back and looked at me like I was crazy.!" fuck you mean 'hold on'? You're gonna let that motherfucker get away with this?"

"We're gonna handle business, we just need your help.We gotta wait until the right time..."

- Writers POV

"Yo so what happened after you took Nic home the other night?" Chris asked whilst shopping with Dre for some stuff for his younger brother.

"Nothing." Dre shrugged in response. "She said y'all fucked." Chris said and waited for Dre's reaction, he noticed a shift in Dre's body language before he spoke up. 

"For real? I know thats your friend but that bitch lying." He said with a shocked expression.

"So what happened then?"

"I took her home and she asked me to walk her inside so I did, I was about to leave until she tried to kiss me, I know you was feeling her so of course I rejected her." He lied as he tried his hardest to avoid eye contact with Chris. "Why didn't you say anything before?"

"I seen a bottle of pills and a blunt in her purse too, I assumed she was just high, that's why I didn't say anything."

"Oh. I knew there wasn't no truth to what she was saying. We've been friends for years I knew you wouldn't do something like that."

"Exactly. I wouldn't do no shit like that." He said before walking away to the other end of the store.

"Aye Dre, wanna make some money?" Chris called out after him. Dre turned in his heels and walked back over to him. "I know a guy, he said to meet me at this address." Chris said showing Dre the address Jace had given him.