Sanity

Chapter 34

- his

I entered my moms house with Nicki stood quietly behind me. A few seconds later my mom appeared. "Hey babies- what happened to you guys?" She frowned.

"Now nobody know how to speak what happened?" She asked louder pushing me out of the way so she could get a better view of Nicki. "Nothing Ma chill."

The truth was since I came back from Vegas Nickis been trippin. First she ranted for 2 hours straight about Kayla DM'in me, next she was on my case asking 21 questions about Jada.

I loved Nic but this jealous side of her was starting to piss me off so we've been fighting more and more lately. Plus I know she's hiding something from me I just haven't figured out what it is yet.

"Chill? Y'all both look like you just got jumped talking bout chill." She grabbed Nicki's face and I heard Nic wince in pain. She had a busted lip and a bruise on her left cheek. "I know y'all not still fighting."

"You gotta stop. It's not healthy." My mom sighed now giving me her full attention. "I aways taught you not to put your hands on a woman, so I don't understand why every two weeks she's looking like that."

"Mama I swear I ain't touch her." She gave me a look that let me know she didn't believe me. "Nicki?" She asked and Nicki nodded. "He's telling the truth."

"That what happened to your face?"

Nicki looked up at me then looked down again at her feet. "Go on tell her." I said but she decided to stay silent. "Her dumb ass wanna fight me over some bullshit as usual and end up falling down the stairs."

My moms eyes widened in shock. "What? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Where's Armani?"

"In her room sleeping." She nodded and made her way upstairs. Once Nicki was out of sight my mom reached up and cupped my face. "You promise me you didn't touch her?"

"Not with my hands."

"Why? You know what I went through with your father-" I cut her off trying to defend myself. "I know but-"

"There's no buts, you grew up seeing your dad beat my ass every time he got the chance, throwing me against walls, breaking my nose & arm, you saw what I went through and now you're doing the same thing to Nicki." I clenched my jaw as she brought up some bad memories.

I grew up hating my dad, so being compared to him hurt. "Ma I'm not him."

"Go talk to her, make sure everything's okay."

"I promise you she's good. I honestly feel she does this shit on purpose." I confessed. "She picks a fight with me over bullshit just so we can have make up sex after. Like Last night she-" She held her hand up. "I don't need to hear the details."

"My bad but don't worry about her. She's good, we're good." I assured her.

"I hope so because you got Armani to think of."

"She's so perfect... Innocent." Nicki said as I entered Armani's room here, baby girl was sleeping all wild on the bed.

"Yeah she look just like you except from the innocent part." I joked expecting Nic to laugh but instead she looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I don't want her to be like me." She mumbled.

"Why not?"

"Because I think there's something seriously wrong with me." She sighed. "What are you talking about?"

"Before I met you I was a mess. I still am. The whole Nico situation was my fault I was desperate to be apart of this life of crime, I wanted to kill and be feared but that back fired on me because I lost my brother."  She paused to wipe away her tears. "Now with you. I love you but I pick fights with you over nothing...We don't fight with normal couples Jace."

"That's because we're not a normal couple, were both crazy."

"That's the problem I feel like you need someone who's not like you to keep you sane and the same goes for me." She said softly.

"What are you trying to say?" She started to say something but stopped when she noticed Armani had woken up. "I- hey baby girl."

"Nicki?" I wanted to hear what she had to say. She shook her head and picked up Armani. "Nothing."

Something went on while I was away that has Nicki acting like this and I'm going to find out what,before it's too late...

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank you for reading, Sorry it's short.

What do you think happened while Jace was away?

Excuse any errors ✨🌹