2) ''Let Me Move My Arms!''

Viktor laughed aloud. 'Yuri, just because you have heightened strength doesn't mean you can hit me.' He cried out. His arm hurt. The Russian punk, Yuri Plisetsky, sat next to him was smirking smugly, Viktor had never met a gloomier boy before.

Nonetheless, they were friends. They fit perfectly, the age gap was irrelevant- Viktor being 21 and Yuri being only 16. Their powers contradicted each other perfectly, super strength and Viktor's powerful mind control.

Yuri was prone to punching Viktor but he was easily able to stop him from doing it again.

'Viktor. Let me move my arms!' He screamed, paralysed, as Viktor just stared him down. Only a few seconds later, he sighed and released Yuri from his grip.

'Then stop punching me.' He smirked but made no attempt at going any further with his power. He hated using it, it was too much power in his perspective. He had the ability to make anyone do what he wants and he refused to bend someone's will unless under permission.

Ok, paralysing Yuri wasn't exactly under consent but it did no damage and Yuri was used to it by then so they continued bickering like that for another hour before splitting off to their respective homes.

Viktor, being over eighteen, lived alone in a penthouse suite in Chicago. It wasn't anywhere near as nice as his parents' house in Moscow but he couldn't be expected to pay rent any higher than what he was already paying.

His job paid relatively well, working over the state as a supply teacher, but it left his parents to pay most the bills.

Viktor hated being reliant on his parents but he had never lived a life outside of his upper-class status. So, he continued his life being funded by his distant parents whom he rarely talked to.

Yuri, on the other hand, was rather the opposite. His parents relied on his money coming in the form of child benefits. Yuri, like Viktor, didn't particularly care but it did drive him into a constant state of envy portrayed in glares and punches.

Yuri's super strength was common too, along with other things such as super speed and extremely sensitive hearing. Of course, all of them came along with their own differences, making each person's power unique but it came to a point in which people no longer revelled in the powers of which were most common causing so many to start to loathe themselves or envy their more 'capable' friends and family.

Yuri had it under control to an extent but jealousy caused him to be rash in his decisions, distancing the people around him. Nonetheless, Viktor had stuck by his side since they were young and that fact alone kept Yuri going.

The clock struck six and Viktor leapt out of bed, realising what he had to come. 'Der'mo!' He exclaimed, gathering his things into a small, professional-looking briefcase before quickly rushing from his house. He checked his watch, five minutes before the meeting. 'Crap.' He cursed before rushing around the block to his local school.

He had applied for a job less than a month before and a quick interview had to be taken before he could teach there for the next allocated month whilst the previous teacher was on maternity leave.

He rushed into the office with less than seconds to spare, and by that, I mean three minutes late. The principal scowled at him but plastered a smile on his face as if to persuade Viktor to leave. Either way, Viktor had no intention of leaving. This was his chance at a stable job as it was one of the few schools that had a stable teaching job available but all teachers 'interviews' are such are working as a supply teacher for at least a month.

This didn't dissuade Viktor, he didn't mind that this school- that seemed to work rather oddly –was making him do more work. He finally wanted to live his own life and this was the way to do it, or at least that was what he thought.

'So, Mr Nikiforov, what makes you want to teach here?' The principal asked, raising a single eyebrow.

'W-well,' Viktor stuttered, suddenly feeling very pressurised, 'I get on well with kids but don't worry I am good at discipline but really I just want to inspire the kids of this school.' He said, stereotypically, unsure of his actual answer. Or maybe, he just didn't want to share his life story with a stranger. The principal seemed satisfied with the answer and went on to ask the dull questions of qualifications and previous experience before the one dreaded question came up.

'So...' he began, staring down at his sheet of paper, giving him Viktor's details, 'it says here that your power is mind control. I do hope you know that you cannot use that on students.' Viktor nodded his head nervously, he had been fired multiple times for slipping up on that policy. 'We have a strict policy here, Mr Nikiforov, and no teacher are allowed to use their abilities on the children of this school, do you understand?' Viktor nodded once again, still silent.

'Well then,' the principal smiled for the first time, 'welcome to our school!' Viktor's face lit up and he quickly stood to shake the principal's hand and quickly strode out of the office with a confident smile on his face.

'I did it.' He said to himself, almost shocked. 'I really did it.' Viktor made his way back to the car and put the key in the ignition when the phone rang. 'Yes?' He asked calmly as he picked up without even bothering to look at who it was.

'So, how did it go, bastard?' Yuri asked, a sigh placed in for effect. Viktor could hardly hold in his laughs, he almost liked how Yuri seemed to curse at him even when he was being nice- which was actually quite often.

'Great! I got the job!' Viktor exclaimed down the phone, ignoring the other man's moans.

'If you become my teacher, I might kill you, git.' Viktor laughed it off but realised it was a big possibility.

'No worries, Yuri. I'll try not to embarrass you, can't promise anything, though.' Viktor teased and hung up before any more insults could be thrown at him.

He drove home smiling to himself. Today had been a good day for him and he hoped it would only get better.

word count: 1058

published: 3/01/16