9) ''Just Tell Me, Little One''

A/N Dedicated to LilzIsTrash because of the amazing story she wrote because of the comment section of this story XD Also, thank you so much everyone for 1000 reads! I'm so grateful!

The next week went by fast, for Yuuri at least. For Viktor, the week went by rather slowly. It was his fault, really. He had followed Yuuri round all week to the best of his ability and it had only caused him more pain.

Yuuri had resulted to the childish tactic of the silent treatment. Since his outburst, Yuuri had not said a word. Not only to Viktor but everyone. Yuuri had stayed in a bubble of silence that was not only ebbing his soul way but the people around him too.

Yuuri had a lot of people who cared about him but his own supposedly screwed up mind led him to believe that it was all false. He believed that if he told anyone of his secret, they would abandon him.

But, it was the other way around. He had told someone and he had abandoned them. But, they would not give up; Viktor would not give up. Viktor was fighting to drag Yuuri out of that hole he had fallen into time and time again. Viktor felt like he had been the one to push him in.

Viktor the following days simply tailed Yuuri but soon enough, he began to confront him. All he got, though, was a quiet sigh or a shake of the head. Yuuri was in no way rude in his avoidance but never did he break his silence.

It was as if the silence was crucial to his life. It was as if he was worried that everything would fall upon him if he let himself use his voice. Of course, that was not the case and even Yuuri knew that, in his subconscious.

Yuuri's rational mind knew that this was all false and that he was leading himself to believe false truths. His irrational mind, though, was stronger. It had the power to take over Yuuri to the extent that he was unaware of his surroundings.

Yuuri was always looking into the future, worrying about it. He rarely thought of the past or the present, only bringing them up to pull himself further down. And, he was doing just that when Viktor appeared for the fourth time that day.

'Yuuri!' Viktor shouted in a falsely kind tone. Yuuri walked faster than he had been before, pushing through people, ignoring their malicious comments as their shoulders brushed. 'Yuuri, stop!' Viktor yelled again, drawing unwanted attention to the both of them.

Yuuri beelined for the toilets but was blocked by a panting Viktor who had obviously just run to get ahead of him. Yuuri, rather than caving, pushed Viktor aside and walked into the toilets.

Viktor could very well follow but he knew the attention that would get would be worse than the attention he had already been drawing for the last two weeks. Students were starting to talk; rumours were spreading fast.

Viktor had heard many of them, each more sadistic or just plain silly as they came around. The original was simply that Yuuri had failed to do many homeworks and Viktor was trying to confront him about the subject. Then, they had simply gotten ludicrous. The next had been a secret affair between the two had happened but Yuuri had cut him off and Viktor was running after him like a lost sheep. It had even gone so far to state that Viktor was an alien and Yuuri knew his secret and was terrified of him and refused to go near him.

None of the rumours were correct. Some were close but the situation was complex and was not something that should have rumours revolving around it. Viktor was glad that Yuuri's silence had meant that it was unlikely he had heard any of the rumours. Yuuri kept to himself, sitting alone most days to avoid talking so he didn't hear many people speak casually to him.

Viktor at that moment, though, hardly cared for the rumours. He wanted to follow Yuuri but he had a reputation to uphold so he took a deep breath and walked, step by step, away from the area that Yuuri was now stood, trembling.

Viktor, his shoulders slumped and a defeated look on his face, head back to his classroom where Yurio was waiting, digging into a packet of crisps to pass the time. It was no surprise to him when Viktor came back, his happy mood that had grown throughout the day dead. He should have known. It was Viktor's fourth attempt that day, it was unlikely to be any more successful than the first three.

'Do you want to know why he's ignoring you?' Yurio finally stated. He had kept to himself the last few days too. He didn't want to tell Viktor why Yuuri was ignoring him but it was clear enough the last few days. He had looked at someone like that for a long time too.

Viktor's head shot around to look of Yurio, his face hopeful rather than disappointed.

'Tell me!' It was the first glimpse of excitement Yurio had seen in weeks and despite his constant bad attitude, it brought a small smile to his face.

'I didn't want to tell you, it's Yuuri's secret to tell but it's obvious he won't and it maybe is worth confronting him about.' Yurio sounded oddly sincere and the whole situation was starting to confuse Viktor.

Viktor and Yurio were close and they had been for a while now and Viktor knew that it was not often that Yurio smiled or was sincere but it seemed that he cared for Yuuri, a lot, despite being constantly rude to him.

'Just tell me, little one.' Viktor smiled, that beaming smile that came along anytime he saw hope or joy, using the nickname that Yurio never really understood- he wasn't particularly short or young. Yurio nodded defeatedly and took a deep breath.

'He likes you, Viktor. Not just as a friend. I'm surprised you haven't seen it.' Yurio shook his head, knowing what it was like to someone to not see the look in your eyes when you looked at them. Yurio was in the same position as Yuuri but his self-esteem was just that bit stronger that Yurio hadn't fallen but something about that path he was taking said he would.

Viktor took a step back, shocked. That was not what he expected, not at all. He had believed it was to do with Yuuri's secret. In a lot of ways, it was. There were so many factors contributing towards it. But, Yuuri's silence had come about at the moment he realised he liked Viktor, more than a friend that is.

Yuuri was ashamed of himself and Viktor, to his own hatred, was disappointed in him too. Viktor at that point didn't realise that he cared more for Yuuri than just a friend was but Viktor had more life-experience and it had only made the denial stronger. Viktor believed that he didn't feel the same way for Yuuri that Yuuri did him.

Viktor was wrong, he just didn't know it yet.

word count: 1145

published: 4.03.17