25) ''Grace Me With Your Presence At School''

'Yuri!' It had been weeks since Otabek had even uttered a word to Yurio. The grave look on his face made no indication that he would but, when he called out in the corridor, Yurio had enough kindness left in his heart to at least turn around and acknowledge him. He wouldn't stoop to Otabek's level: not yet, at least.

'Otabek.' He replied, lips in a thin line, his face turning an unnatural shade of red. Something Otabek clearly picked up on by the tiny quirk of his lips. Otabek was panting and Yuri had to restrain himself from simply watching his chest fall up and down. He chastised himself for even thinking of that and took extra careful attention in keeping eye-contact with the only slightly taller boy.

'Is there somewhere we can talk? Somewhere that isn't in the middle of the hallway?' The boy asked, his confident persona lesser than usual. Replaced with what seemed like an almost grumpy looking frown as well as oddly stoic body language. Yuri nodded, suspicious at the least but motioned for Otabek to follow him nonetheless.

They ended up in Viktor's classroom. Yuri had finally begged long enough for Viktor to give him the key and it was the best way for privacy. With Viktor off God-knows-where, they had time for themselves. (Although, Yuri expected that Katsudon's absence had something to do with it. As well as the incident from the day before).

'What do you want?' Yuri spoke, his words supposed to be harsh but in reality, nothing more than an annoyed sigh. He folded his arms over his chest protectively and watched as Otabek took a seat whilst Yurio made a move to lean against Viktor's desk, staying on guard.

'I wanted to apologise.' Otabek's statement was clear and loud, he made no room for Yuri to but in as he continued, purposeful- any doubts long gone in the weeks apart. 'I was rude. I wanted to tell you that I didn't mean it. I was shocked, that was for sure and as for your feelings for me...I'm not sure. But, I broke up with Mila, I can tell you that much.' That stoic facade had broken again but with another breath, his face returned to its usual position and his words became duller, less meaningful. Yuri didn't care, the words meant more than the way he said them. Otabek was known for his straight face. Yuri liked that. Otabek didn't need the quirk of his lips to tell each and every soul just what he was thinking. He used words and God was Otabek good at words. Despite the almost broken way he spoke, his accent seeping through, he was so sure of his words. He knew what he wanted to say and he would say it.

But, it wasn't enough.

Yuri was too hurt to be rehabilitated and forgiving with a few words.

'And, I don't know what I'm going to do know, I've practically been shunned but I want to be friends.' Otabek finished with a deep breath, shutting his eyes for but a second before peeling them open and watching Yuri's face.

Yuri, once shocked, had stripped away any emotion that had once urged him to forgive and left himself with the unrelenting, ice-cold anger he usually portrayed. 'No.' Yuri paused, meeting Otabek's eyes. 'No, you can't just do that. I admitted something that I wished I'd never and then you go and ignore me for weeks. And now, you come back with sad eyes and enticing words. But, no. I won't be your friend. Be shunned, you deserve it.' Yuri spat, growling before storming out of the room, slamming the door behind him, not bothering to lock it. Viktor wouldn't mind...probably.

Yuri's breaths came in heavy pants as he tried to remain his facade of impassiveness but as his heavy footstep echoed around the already bustling corridors, he soon gave up. He pushed and shoved his way through the crowd and out of the front doors despite lunch now being over. As others ran to class, Yuri stalked outside and into the cover of the trees at the edge of the school field, the one in which you could see from the windows of Viktor's classroom- just as it was the other way round.