1) ''Yuuri!''

Failure.

Disaster.

Pointless.

Humiliating.

Punches.

Kicks.

Unconscious.

It was the daily cycle for Yuuri Katsuki, each and every day his mind would haunt him with thoughts of failure only to come the physical pain of school bullies, family and even friends...if that's what they could be called.

Yuuri was alone. That was all that was going for him.

Unlike others, Yuuri was different and everyone knew that the difference was a curse. A curse that would ruin Yuuri's life for eternity.

He had no super power...

No ability...

No super strength...

Or super hearing...

Nothing.

Yuuri was sick of it but it wasn't as if he could do anything so, on the cycle went, day after day, week after week, year after year. He remembered each punch, each kick, each bringing a new scar to his tattered body.

He was unfixable and he never made any attempt to prove anyone wrong by trying, even his parents had given up on him- he was nothing. They had given him his last chance to conceal the truth and live a normal life at a new school. They had told him to say that he had mind control which he refused to use because he didn't like to bend people's well which was uncommon but not as uncommon as nothing at all.

In fact, there wasn't a single record of it that they had found. Maybe the people just didn't want to come out...or maybe they died too early to come out at all.

Yuuri felt like there were so many reasons for himself to die but due to cowardice, he never went through with him. On the contrary, it was bravery that kept him alive- somehow avoiding the constant tonne of bricks being thrown at him.

He still felt like a coward.

It was Yuuri's final day before he started at his new school and he could plainly be described as a nervous wreck. His hands trembled along with the rest of his body as the tears flowed down his face in a chaotic pattern of beauty. Although he was far from beauty, at least in his own mind, he was still grasping at control.

He hadn't fallen into a panic attack; no, these were too often to be that nor were they severe enough to be labelled under that.

This was what Yuuri liked to call a 'worry attack' for lack of a better term. He was stuck in an almost constant state of anxiety and going over the edge for him was hardly severe. He had witness severe before and he was scared to ever cross that line again.

So, he sat with tears in his eyes, creating small puddles on his plush bedroom carpet. He didn't want to leave his own safe cocoon but he knew that tomorrow he would have to face the crowds and push through with a fake smile plastered on his face and lies rolling off his tongue- not that he would pull it off, he never had done before.

The first school, he had spilt the beans to his best friend who wasn't as close as he originally thought and at the young age of ten, the time in which powers become clearer and less vague abilities in certain school activities, he had told almost the whole school causing Yuuri to leave in tears without a single goodbye.

The second school was worse. Within a day the news had spread. This time it wasn't of his own fault but a social media page put up from the school before taunting him. At first, he was upset that another kid could do that- at an age where technology wasn't essential. That was until he found that it was one of the parents that set it up believing his 'anomaly' was something to be feared. It became worldwide news but due to posting any pictures of Yuuri's face being illegal, people still didn't know what the young man with no powers even looked like.

The third went off to a much better start. He had started a new life and didn't talk to many people. Straight away he had made friends with a boy his age, Phichit. Phichit had never questioned his lies, seeing right through them but knew Yuuri lied for good reason, Phichit just assuming that he had a dangerous ability that couldn't be meddled with, he didn't realise that it could be the complete opposite of that. Instead of too much strength, he had too little. But, Phichit never minded but then came the move. His dad had landed a new job in Chicago causing them to leave Thailand, having moved from Japan before that, and leaving Yuuri's only friend behind.

Since then, Yuuri hadn't made any friends nor had the news come out. He had moved from school to school but always for the same reason, bullying. His parents believed that if he moved schools the bullying would stop...but it never did. Yuuri's self-esteem was just too low and nothing was going to fix that.

No one wanted to help.

So, he never got any.

He was left to fend for himself...

'Yuuri!' A yell was heard causing Yuuri to furiously wiping his eyes and making his way down to the kitchen, knowing it was time to eat. He made no attempt at hiding his puffy eyes, it was a usual occurrence by now.

'Oh, Yuuri.' His mum looked down at him as he sat on a creaky chair and facing down at the plate of food in front of him. She looked pitying, it was patronising, he couldn't help but feel belittled but there was no helping that, his mum was worried sick and she would never stop.

'You're going to eat today, aren't you sweetie.' She smiled falsely and motioned to my food. Yuuri had stopped eating many times, losing my appetite quickly at the sight of food. He gained weight easily and his self-esteem only dropped as each pound gained on. So, he decided that his only option was to stop eating altogether.

Of course, after having such a large diet, he gave into his urges many a time and didn't end up losing any weight nor was he gaining any but his parents knew the toll it would take on his health as one day he ate nothing to bingeing on junk food the next.

His mum was attempting to get him back on a normal diet but was failing miserably and had resorted to bribes and sweet talk to get him to do it, making him feel bad- making his condition only worse.

Today he just looked down at his plate and started to pick at it. He managed about half of it, even though it was only a small portion, and pushed the plate away rudely before storming upstairs leaving his mother and sister, who sat opposite him, clueless and confused.

But there was only one thing on Yuuri's mind, how the hell was he going to get through tomorrow?

word count: 1138

published: 11/01/17