The shadow

So here's the first chapter of the third book to my Peter Pan sequel. I hope you like it.

(Jessica's POV)

"Hurry up Jessica or you'll be late!" My mother Destiny called from downstairs.

"I'm coming mother!" I said as I quickly did one last look in the mirror and then quickly ran out of my room and down the stairs.

When I walked into the kitchen my mother smiled at me.

"Are you ready for your first day of high school?" She asked

"I'm a little nervous but also very excited. And I'm glad that Mallory is going to the same school as me, so at least I'll have a friend with me" I said and mother nodded.

"Well you better go wait for the bus, it will be here soon."

I nodded and gave my mother a hug before running out the door.

"Hey hey what's up girl" my friend Mallory said cheerfully as I came to where the bus stop was.

I smiled

"Oh just trying to get rid of the nervous sick feeling in my stomach" I joked making her laugh.

"Why are you so nervous? We're finally in highschool now, you should be jumping for joy and be full of energy like me!"

I rolled my eyes playfully at her and shook my head.

"Who knows we might even meet some cute sexy boys" Mallory chucked and wiggled her eye brows.

We both laughed and continued to talk until the bus came. We both sat in the back with some other kids who were also just going to be starting highschool. Once the bus got to the school me and Mallory went to go get our schedules.

"What class do you have first?" Mallory asked as she looked over her schedule.

"Gym....and then English" I sighed disappointingly, of course I would have gym first thing in the morning.

"Oh I have math and then foods" Mallory said sadly.

"Oh well, I'll see you at lunch" I said and she nodded

We both went our separate ways once the bell rang. When I got to the gym I sat down on the bleachers and then I saw one of the girls that was on the bus coming over to me, she's also just starting highschool. I believe her name was Chelsea

"Hey can I sit with you?" She asked and I smiled and nodded.

Their were at least twenty kids in the gym now. We played basketball and then I went to English class, it was so boring. Once the lunch bell rang I sighed in relief and quickly made my way to the cafeteria to meet up with Mallory.

Once I found Mallory we paid for our lunch and sat at one of the tables.

"Those boys keep looking at you Jessica" Mallory suddenly said as she looked behind me.

I looked over my shoulder and saw a group of boys sitting at another table and they were all looking at me blankly?

"Just ignore them Mallory" I said turning back to her.

After lunch the rest of the day flew by quickly and I was already back home.

"Hi sweetie, how was your first day of highschool?" My mom asked me with a smile as I walked into the kitchen.

"It was good." I said with a smile.

"That's good sweetie. I'm making your favorite supper tonight, Cheesy hamburger helper."