Forbidden Trail

(Jessica's POV)

"Wait up Max!" I laughed trying to catch up to my hunting partner.

"Well hurry up slow poke." He joked.

We've been tracking down a deer for a while now. Max almost got it with his cross bow but he missed and caused the deer to run off.

"You go left I'll go right, will cut the deer off." Max said and we both split.

I eventually caught up to the deer, it stopped and was now eating in the small meadow. I aimed my cross bow at it and fired, I sighed in relief and happiness as I saw my arrow hit the deer right in its chest killing it.

"Nice shot Jessica." I heard a voice say behind me. I turned my head and smiled happily as I saw Peter standing there looking at me proudly.

Peters like a father to me and the lost boys, he saved us all from a life of misery. making him proud was everything to us.

"Thank you Peter." I said happily.

We walked over to the dead deer. it was a big male, it will feed everyone in the camp for a few weeks.

"A very nice Kill Jessica." He complimented before he used his magic to send the deer back to camp.

"Ah crap!" I heard Max's voice say. He came running up to us. "Did Jessica get the deer?"

"Indeed she did." Peter chuckled.

I smirked proudly and Max glared at me playfully. Peter chuckled and shook his head.

"Come on you two, back to the camp." Peter chuckled.

We walked back to camp and then cooked some of the meat that's already skinned. After that I was bored out of my mind.

"Hey Max, you wanna go and do some target practice?" I whispered to Max who was sitting beside me on a log by the fire.

He smirked and nodded. We usually have to ask Peter if we can leave the camp at night but I know he will say no because we're not allowed to go target practicing with out him there. So me and Max sneaked out of the camp and ran into the woods.

"Let's go down this trail Max." I said pointing at a trail I've never been down before.

"No, don't ever go down that trail. Pan has forbidden any of us to go down it." Max said quickly.

I looked at him confused. "Why?" I asked with curiosity.

"I don't know but.....I've over heard some of the boys say that many years ago Pan had a true love, and she died at the end of this trail."

"Peter had a true love? I never thought of him as the type of boy to want that kinda relationship." I said shocked.

"Well apparently he really loved the girl, when she died it broke Pan and it almost caused the destruction of neverland. Just don't go down that trail."

I nodded and we continued our walk to a good spot for target practice. Once we found a spot we practiced for an hour till we started walking back to camp.

I stopped to tie up on of my boot laces that came undone.

"Why did you stop?" Max asked.

"One of my laces came undone, you go ahead I'll catch up." I said and Max nodded and continued his way to camp.

Once my lace was done I ran to catch up with him but stopped when I saw that trail were not suppose to go down. My curiosity was killing me, I have to see what's down this trail. I ran down it until I came up to the end of the trail and saw.....a cabin?