~Chapter 2~

~a couple days later~

Frank had woke up that September morning and went downstairs to make himself a quick breakfast. While eating breakfast he had opened his laptop to check his e-mails. He was still awaiting the e-mail from the shelter. Much to his delight, he had received an e-mail.  

Dear Mr. Iero, 

It is very kind of you to apply to adopt a neko. You have passed the background check and of course the financial check. We want to schedule a time that works for you for an officer to preform a routine search to make sure that there is nothing overlooked. In the meantime you may come into the shelter to take a look at the nekos if you are in a location that would allow you to do so conveniently. After the house search, and if it goes well, there is some minor paperwork for you to file and then you may adopt your neko! We can get an officer to you as soon as tomorrow at noon if that time works for you. If it does not let us know and we can work something out. 

He read over it with a grin and responded that tomorrow at noon was a wonderful time and verified his address. Soon enough later they responded that that was great and that would be arranged. Frank was excited and decided against making the drive up there before the search was over with and he was verified to adopt a neko. It was still about an hours drive and it wasn't like he'd have to wait all that long. 

The entire day he spent cleaning up his house. He wasn't hiding anything or such, just tidying up. He was a dude after all, it wasn't like he was a responsible soccer mom. He wanted to make sure it was clean though. It wasn't that messy to begin with but he wanted to make himself seem like a neat and tidy person. 

~the next day~

The officer had come over right at noon as expected. He had rummaged through stuff and inspected around. This was all warranted and Frank completely understood why it was being done. The officer then, after he was don, admitted that he was a big fan of Frank's music and Frank took a picture with him and gave him an autograph. The officer had also said that he was in the clear and didn't find anything suspicious. Frank grinned and thanked the man.

He was supposed to be receiving another e-mail soon once his inspection had cleared and he could't have been more excited. He was gonna have his own pet little neko! He couldn't wait until it cleared and he was able to go pick one out. He was sure they'd all be adorable, and lets face it he'd probably take s many pictures for snapchat. He had already tweeted about the subject. A lot of the responses that weren't just 'DADDY!' were really positive towards it, and for that he was glad. 

He decided he would spend the rest of his day setting up a room for the neko. He would keep it fairly plain so they could customize it with things they liked, but he wanted to have it ready. He took one of the spare bedrooms in his house that was painted a pretty baby blue color and re-arranged the furniture in it and took off the weird, yet tasteful, art that he was sure would have no place in there anymore. He also got out the cozy blankets and the sheets that matched the walls and made the bed. 

In all it didn't take him too long to set up, but it was better than it was. He would take the neko shopping after a while and let them purchase what they wished to have in their room or in general. It was almost like having a child but without it really being a /child/. He was in no way ready or responsible enough for that. 

~the next morning~ 

Frank woke up at the same time as the day before and did the same thing: make breakfast, and check e-mails. He saw another e-mail from the shelter that in brief told him that he could come down anytime within hours over the next week with two forms of identification to get his neko. Of course he was going to go today. He replied with a quick 'thank you' and 'I'll be down there this afternoon'. 

He supposed that they got back with him so quickly in the process because there weren't that many people applying. Which sucked overall, but he was kinda glad, he was really quite tired of being alone all the time. This would provide a nice change. 

After breakfast he went upstairs into his room to change. He got into a standard outfit for him, skinny jeans, a black flag t-shirt, a red hoodie, a leather jacket over that, a pair of chucks, and finger-less skeleton gloves. 

He grabbed his keys to his 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray. His car was a beauty, an automatic coupe with a 455 horse power, god he loved his car. He was rich he wanted a nice car so he got a nice car. He headed out the door, and got in the car. It was about an hour long drive and he may or may not have sped just a bit on the highway. He was excited and got carried away.

Soon enough however he was there. He verified his identification with an ID and his passport because that was the two things he could find easiest at home. Well of course he had his ID, but his passport was laying around as well. The lady at the front desk let him in to where the nekos were kept. He practically exploded. 

There were a caretaker or two in there looking after them and just about all of them perked up when he walked in. A lot of them were girls, but he knew he wanted a male neko. He sat down and a couple hopped up on the couch he chose to sit on next to him. One made themselves comfortable in Frank's lap. He smiled and played with their hair. "Hi, I'm Jamia," the neko purred and nuzzled in with Frank.  

"I'm Frank," he smiled and continued to pet the neko. He looked around at the others while he did so. He noticed off in a cage in the corner was a neko all curled up, that neko was Gerard. He assumed they were asleep. The bruises weren't visible to him at this angle.  

Gerard had long sleeves and jeans on. Since he was curled up into a ball his face couldn't be seen either. Gerard wasn't asleep however. He got that feeling of eyes burning into him that someone was staring. He had heard someone new walk in, their footsteps were different than any of the caretakers. He lifted his head up slightly to reveal his bruised and cut face. He looked over at the man with a small tilt of his head. 

Frank saw the neko's head look up to reveal the heavily bruised face, but also the beauty that shone through it. Frank was intrigued by the sight of him. He gently lifted Jamia off of his lap and crouched down by Gerard with a warm smile. 

Gerard watched Frank cautiously and curiously. He watched the man crouch beside him and watched the way he smiled. Gerard's nose twitched a little as he watched the man, and his ears perked up. 

"Hi, I'm Frank, and who are you little guy?" 

"G-Gerard.." he mumbled.