~Chapter 4~

No more words were said from the mouths of Gerard or Frank through the rest of the car ride. The two just pondering what life will be from there out and listening to the music as it filled the air around them. 

Frank was pondering the fact that he had someone to care for. A living being who would be at least to some extent dependent on him. It was a responsibility that he had known, but it wasn't till now that it hit him like a bus. He would know what being hit by a bus was like after all. 

Gerard on the other hand was thinking about the possibility of this man not being a good guy. He could sell him of and Gerard was still at risk to find himself back in the loop of abuse. He was already weak, which was maybe why this man picked him.... It was obvious that Gerard didn't have much fight left in him, the slightest of injury could damage him so much more. He ached terribly. 

He still had hope nonetheless though. Hope that this man would take good care of him, hope that this man would be at the very least, not abusive. Gerard wasn't one to set high hopes. He used to, before he was stuck in the loop. In four weeks the world was able to stomp him out and diminish his wishful and childlike, or rather kitten-like, innocence. All he wished was that he would never be abused again. He didn't find that all too much to ask. 

Frank was oblivious to the thoughts of the neko in the seat beside him. He assumed Gerard was happy-go-lucky to get out of the hell hole of trafficking and now out of the shelter and to a home. A home that Frank now had to share. It was all cascading down on him, the thought of so much more responsibility and maturity he had enlisted upon himself. He still couldn't get the positives out of his mind, which of course was a god thing. He was elated to have a neko. 

The car ride was short lived, short lived but lively in the minds of the two. Frank had pulled into the fairly long driveway of his luxurious house, pressed the magic button to open the garage door, and parked his car. Frank's was house was nice to say the least. It wasn't a mansion per say. He didn't need much space, but he wanted to have the nice things he couldn't have as a child growing up in the shady parts of New Jersey. 

He took the keys out of the ignition, unbuckled himself from his seat and hopped out of vehicle. He shoved the keys in his pocket and went to the passenger side of the car to open the door and help Gerard get out. 

Gerard had some difficulty getting up, but soon he was standing on the concrete of the garage floor, using Frank as support, and to an extent warmth. The garage door was now shut but the chilly Jersey autumn had a way of seeping through the cracks to make you cold to a slightly uncomfortable extent. 

"You okay?" Frank asked in a genuine concerning voice as he shut the door to the car behind Gerard. 

Gerard only nodded, staying latched and leaned upon Frank's side. 

"I can carry you if you'd be more comfortable," he offered with a small smile curling up the ends of his mouth. 

Gerard only nodded once again. He snaked his arms to wrap loosely around Frank's neck as Frank picked him up bridal style. One firm arm under the bend of Gerard's knees and another supporting his back. 

Frank pushed the door from the garage into the house open with his foot and carried Gerard into the living room. Gerard was left to look around the place as Frank walked. Gerard could already tell that this man was wealthy. It was quite obvious now more than ever. 

Frank gently set Gerard down on the couch and sat next to him. Gerard crawled and settled himself in Frank's lap. Frank chuckled lightly and began to pet Gerard. 

"I can show you around later, but your room is upstairs. It's kind boring now but sometime when you're feeling better I can take you shopping so you can personalize it. Sound good?" He smiled. 

Gerard smiled as well and nodded, a low purr emitting from his mouth as Frank's seemingly strong and calloused hand ever so gently petted his head. He had such a delicate touch for such a tough looking man. Well as tough as a five and a half foot man could look.

Frank has let out the light-hearted chuckled again. Gerard was so cute bundled up on his lap and purring so softly. It was a sweet noise of peace and serenity. Frank found a beauty noise, he was a musician after all. It wasn't only music though, it was the simple noises such as Gerard's purring he even valued. The power of silence and sound were the equivalent of dark to light and bad to good for him. 

"You hungry or anything?" he asked, continuing his strokes. 

"No," Gerard said softly.

"Wanna watch a movie, play a game, or anything?" Frank offered some activities they could do. 

"A movie sounds kinda nice.." Gerard was a quiet neko in most cases. He wasn't outspoken most times, unless something he felt strongly about was being discussed, and if you dare debate it, he could unleash a wave of sass that is sure to get him fired up. He was a passive person, unless it was something he was passionate about. 

Frank leaned over and grabbed a remote control that opened a cabinet to reveal a flat screen television. He hen turned it on and started up Netflix. 

"Your choice Gee," he smiled and Gerard was staring in a bit of aw. He was a neko after all, and a tv did just come out of a wall seemingly all by itself.