~Chapter 11~

Frank had glanced next to him, wanting to check on Gerard. He didn't see him there, but hadn't freaked out. He walked around the small area and still hadn't seen Gerard. Thus Frank began to more frantically run around to look for him.

Frank went everywhere Gerard could have wandered off to. Of course with this he had no luck. He broke into a sweat and looked everywhere again. He should have accounted for this. A curious little kitten would wander off, Gerard probably didn't know where he was either. He felt so terrible.

Frank had managed to lose Gerard in less than seventy-two hours. That had to be a record. Though not a laughing matter, or a record anyone would want to break.

Frank had reported the situation to an officer at the mall. The officer had given him a disapproving look, taking a neko to such a crowded place, it seemed careless. Frank now realized that it was very careless of him.

After that he made one more quick run through in hopes to  find Gerard this time.  He didn't. With a sigh and a long gas he went out to his car, not to leave, but to put the bags in the car. He could be more efficient without them weighing him down.

-

Gerard looked unsure at the guy. Strangers hadn't always been the nicest to him. Then again Frank had been the sweetest person he knew. Frank gave him hope that this man could be nice. Gerard was so naive that a simple act of kindness from one man could restore his faith in all of humanity. Poor Gerard just didn't know any better.   So with a tentative nod and a bite of his lip, Gerard had agreed to take this man's help.

"What's your name little one?" he man smiled, seemingly nice. 

"I'm Gerard, what is your name?" he beamed happily, maybe this guy wasn't so bad. 

"Just call me Cap, my name isn't important."

"Oh.. okay Cap," Gerard had still smiled. 

Cap reached out his hand toward Gerard, although Gerard had initially refused to take the man's hand. He just didn't want to, simple as that. 

"You wouldn't want to get lost again now would you...?" Cap said almost tauntingly. 

Gerard had meekly shook his head. Of course he didn't want to get lost again. Then he really wouldn't find Frank. Or so he thought. 

"Then take my hand Gerard, and hold on tight," he tried to sound sweet. Cap had been using the same tone a person would when speaking to but a mere kindergartener. Yet there was an unsettling undertone. Like the teacher that just hates kids. In a lot of ways though Gerard was like a kindergartener. 

Gerard held Cap's hand as he was directed. He had held on tight, as directed. So he wouldn't get lost. Gerard couldn't stand the thought of getting lost from the person that could help him not get lost. (That would be just a tad ironic, don't you think?) The thought of it had made Gerard's palms sweat. They became sticky against the other man's palms. Cap had sent him an uncomfortable and unsettling look, but hadn't let go of Gerard's hand. 

Cap just couldn't risk letting go of the little gold mine he had stumbled across now could he?

Frank had begun walking back into the building, keeping his eyes on the lookout for his precious Gerard. His heart was pounding in his chest. He had known it was a mere accident that Gerard had gotten lost. It had made Frank bother furiated at Gerard, but also in himself. Maybe he wasn't as responsible as he thought. Maybe he really hadn't been ready to take on the care of a not quite but close enough human. 

He hadn't the time to ponder this thought though. His priority was to find Gerard. It was the only thing he knew he had to focus on. He didn't have time for self-doubt. He didn't have time for anger. Any emotion besides determination was useless and a distraction. He just had to find Gerard. 

He came to this realization and practically ran as he circled the mall countless times. He wouldn't give up. He couldn't give up. He wouldn't let himself give up. For Gerard. 

Frank's small focused frame stormed the mall, turning the place inside out. He had no luck. He hadn't left the place that entire day. He kept with his search for Gerard. He hadn't had him but a couple days and he still managed for this to happen, it only made him all the more motivated to prove to himself and Gerard that he was responsible. One thing was for sure was that he was not going to let it happen again. He'd either put Gerard on a leash or grip his hand like there was no tomorrow. That was considering that he even got the neko back of course. 

There was that small voice of worry in the back of Frank's mind that wouldn't shut up about Gerard being dead, being kidnapped, being abused, being sold, being kept a slave, that and so much worse. That voice just told him that it was all too late and he would just have to give it up. 

Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, Frank was one stubborn motherfucker, especially when it was something that he actually gave a damn about. 

Cap had smirked to himself as he walked Gerard out of the building. Gerard had looked up at Cap questioningly. Why would they be going outside? 

Gerard was too meek, too shy, too timid, say it how you will, but he wouldn't ask a question. This man just wanted to help him right. Of course the guy did! Why wouldn't he want to? Cap didn't know he was a neko... did he? 

Cap had led Gerard out to his car. Cap, being the 'gentleman' that he was opened the passenger side door and motioned for the other to get in the car. Gerard had done so. 

Cap had went to the other side of the car and gotten into the driver's side. Cap reached into the back and pulled out a small tablet. He then pulled out some candy that looked strikingly similar. 

"I've got candy if you want some," he smiled at Gerard, it was more of a grimace, but Gerard couldn't see through it. 

Gerard smiled and nodded. Candy would make him feel better. 

Cap had handed him a small amount. Enough to where he knew he would finished all of it, so he was sure to take the drug Cap had placed in it. 

Gerard ate happily, but soon felt drowsy. The drowsiness washed over him and he slumped back into his seat, falling asleep. 

Roofies. 

-

The mall had soon closed and Gerard was still missing. Frank hadn't had any luck in finding him. So with the five minute warning of the mall closing he had been forced to give up. Frank decided to wait out by the car in hopes that Gerard would walk out and meet him there after the mall had closed.

Gerard hadn't.

So with that and the punk rocker close to tears, he had to call it a day. 

Not before filing a missing neko report of course.  

"Gee, come on where are you..."