~Chapter 6~

Frank chuckled at Gerard's reaction. He honestly thought it was quite cute. He could tell Gerard was timid about new people, who could blame him after what he had gone through? Franbk certainly wouldn't. Gerard's curiosity would often overtake that, as the saying goes, 'curiosity killed the cat'.

Frank got up and walked towards the two of them. The man looked up at Frank raising an eyebrow, "And who is this?" the man gestured towards Gerard.

"James, this is Gerard. Gerard, this is James," he introduced the two to each other. "Gerard is my neko," he directed towards James. "James is a friend and a band mate of mine," Frank directed towards Gerard, giving the two a basis of what was going on.

"Nice to meet you," Gerard grinned from his seated position on the ground.

"You too," James said awkwardly. "So I have some tracks I put together I wanted to show you," he directed his attention back to Frank

"Sweet dude, wanna hook it up downstairs?" Frank smiled at James. James was exceptionally musically gifted.

James nodded in response.

"Gee, you stay up here and watch some cartoons, if you need me I'll be downstairs. Knock before coming in, alright?" he said and started to turn the TV on for Gerard.

"Mmkay," he smiled and hopped back up on the couch.

James was sending weird looks towards the both of them, it was quite out of character for Frank. James could always ask when they went downstairs. He had more manners than to ask about Gerard in front of Gerard. Not that he disliked him, James was just genuinely confused.

Frank had switched it to Cartoon Network for Gerard, Steven Universe happened to be on. Gerard watched happily and didn't seem to pay much mind when Frank had quickly patted his head and jogged down the stairs. James followed Frank down, taking one last confused look at the, well the creature, that was sat on Frank's living room couch.

Once they got down there, Frank had started to turn on a few things, set up the speakers. James had put the audio files on a flash drive so he could easily show Frank. Frank finished getting speakers turned on and turned to James, "Blow me away, as you always do," Frank chuckled.

James chuckled a little as well and plugged in his flash drive, "So what's up with Gerard?" he asked as he waited for files to load.

"I suppose you could call him my new pet," Frank shrugged.

"Why...? In a million years I'd never thought you to be a cat person, let alone get some kind of freaky hybrid cat-human!"

"Gerard is a neko. I just get a little lonely alright? I thought about getting a dog, but y'know, got Gee instead," he shrugged.

"Okay then..." James shook it off. After all this time he really just needed to learn to not to question his crazy friends, especially Frank Iero.

The file loaded and James pressed play. Frank had flopped down in a chair and listened. It was some trippy goth dance club shit. Different, but not in a bad way. Frank loved it. The first track ended and James looked over at Frank expectantly.

"So...?" James asked both eagerly, and a little nervous. Frak had a good ear for what was good music and what wasn't.

"Totally rad. Could use some vocals though."

"That's why I came to you. What do you say Frank, take up a side project with me?" James asked.

Frank smiled and nodded, "How many tracks do you have out together?"

"Like nine," James answered.

Frank nodded, "Don't suppose you have lyrics written?"

"Indeed I do not, I'm not good with words," James chuckled.

"Leave me the flash drive, I can get to work on something. I feel a lot of weird fucked up lyrics comin' on," he laughed.

James nodded, "So what should we call ourselves?"

"hmm... dunno," Frank thought.

"I guess we can worry about it later," James shrugged, Frank nodded in agreement.

The two had hung out for a while. They didn't talk about much interesting, just what they wanted to get out of the side project, what image they wanted to project. The normal stuff. Frank also asked Hames about Reggie and the Full Effect, which he said was going well.

James had stayed over there for quite the while, it made Gerard a little anxious after a while. He was alone after all, and Cartoon Network could only distract him for so long.

So he got off of the couch and wandered around a little. He wasn't as agile as he used to be, though he still possessed some grace. Not enough however, for his tail had swung behind him and had knocked over a couple records Frank had on the table. The act inevitable shattering them.

Gerard had jumped back in fright of the loud noise. His eyes went wide as he had realized what he had done.

Frank had come upstairs, hearing the crash, and wanted to check the damage. He walked over to the shattered records, and a guilty looking neko less than six feet away.

Gerard, having a keen sense of hearing, turned to look up at Frank. "I-I'm so sorry, I was just-"

"It's alright," Frank had cut Gerard off. "I'm sure you didn't mean to, they're both easily replaceable. Don't fret it."

Gerard relaxed a little bit.

"You're not completely off the hook. I understand if you're a bit of a klutz, it's alright. You'll heal and get your movement back, but you've gotta clean this up. Alright?" He said clearly.

Gerard nodded. There was far worse Frank could have made him do. Cleaning up his own mess wasn't much of a punishment at all. Fine by Gerard by all means. He was relieved he hadn't been like the men who had previously taken him. They would have either beat him or isolated him.

"I'll be back up in about thirty minutes. Broom is in the hall closet, this better be cleaned up by the time I'm back," he said stern but in no ways mean, and jogged back downstairs with James.

Gerard had opened a couple doors before locating the broom and doing exactly as he had been told, cleaned up the mess. After that he put the broom back, and curled up on the couch. He couldn't wreck anything else from there. Although he was dying of boredom, he refused to venture from it. He didn't want to ruin it for himself on his first day. It was safer on the couch.

Gerard had learnt his lesson a while ago, this only tacked onto it.

Safety before curiosity.