~Chapter 14~

Police officers.

Gerard could hear Cap yelling that they didn't have a warrant, that he had rights. A couple of the officers had restrained Cap back and put him in cuffs. They led him outside after explaining the situation.

Most of the other officers had gone out and around the house. One of them had kneeled beside Gerard and un-tied him. This officer had seemed nice enough. Gerard was just happy to have his wrists free.

"Hey little guy..." He had said softly, "I'm officer Urie."

Gerard looked up at him and nodded. He tried to smile a little, but it didn't really work. Gerard had then realized he had recognized this guy. It was kinda vague, but he swore he did.

Officer Urie pulled his walkie-talkie from his shoulder a bit and turned his head to speak into it. "This is Officer Urie, sector five, currently in scene of the coke bust on Sycamore Street. It seemed our cook here kept himself a neko. I'll be taking him into the office I'm gonna need a report of the missing nekos in the area and a caseworker, over."

"Officer Urie this is Martinez, we'll be prepared for your arrival. Over."

"Thanks. Over and out," he let the walkie-talkie lay back against his shoulder.

Gerard listened to some of the conversation. He didn't really understand though. He was too jumbled in the head to understand any of what had just gone on.  

"What's your name?" Officer Urie asked him a bit slowly and softly. He didn't speak slow because he thought Gerard was stupid, just because it was clear Gerard was in distress.

Gerard looked around him a little, not really hearing what the man had said at first. After a little bit he looked back to Officer Urie, "G-Gerard," he stuttered out.

Officer Urie nodded, "I'm gonna take you back to the station and see that you're safe alright? C'mon, we'll grab a blanket for you and get you out to my car," Urie explained to him softly. All around them there was rustle and bustle of cops and DEA agents. 

Officer Urie had left a second and gotten a blanket for Gerard just as he said he would. He came back and draped it around Gerard's shoulders. Gerard gladly gripped the edges of the blanket and held it closely wrapped around himself. Officer Urie held out a hand in offer to help Gerard get up. Gerard had seen it, but didn't take it. He didn't want the help getting up, he could do it himself. It wasn't because he was rude or anything. So Gerard had gotten to his feet by himself. 

Officer Urie had placed a gentle hand on Gerard's back and led him outside. Once outside he led him into the patrol car. Gerard had buckled himself into the passenger seat of the car. Then Officer Urie got into the driver's seat and buckled himself in as well. 

The drive to the police station was kind of long. This however gave Gerard timt to think over what had just happened. Granted that the situation as a whole had been absolutely terrible, he was so glad it was over. He would get to go back home with Frank. Frank was probably worried sick. That was what Gerard wanted to think anyways. 

Of course Gerard was right about that. Frank hadn't done much that day that Gerard was missing other than looking for him, driving himself insane while doing so. He'd be happy to soon find out that Gerard was safe and in the police station. He would be happy to find out that this would not have to last long. 

A lot had happened in just the past couple of days for both Gerard and Frank. That is putting it lightly too. The both could only hope that after this dilemma was solved, everything else would follow smoothly. You know the saying though, hope for the est, prepare for the worst. 

That was exactly what Frank had come to do. He had prepared for the news that the police had found Gerard....'s carcass. It was a possibility. Or maybe that they would never even find Gerard. Luckily this was not the case as you know, but Frank doesn't know quite yet. 

So after Gerard was taken into the station, the blanket still tightly around his shoulders, he and Officer Urie sat down so Gerard could answer some questions 

"Alright Gerard, we're gonna need you to answer some questions honestly for us concerning yourself, and Casper, though I think you knew him as Cap. He can't hurt you, either way he is in prison for years for drug production. We just want to make sure that we are aware of all the wrongdoings that he has done so we can keep him behind bars for as long as he deserves. Understand?" he asked to make sure that Gerard was still with him through all the talk. 

Gerard had nodded. 

"Okay Gerard, we'll start with questions about you so we can locate a home for you as soon as possible. Did you have an owner before yo were with Casper?"

Gerard nodded, "Frank had taken me to the mall with him. I had wondered off and  that's when Cap offered to help me. I had trusted him..." Gerard triled off. 

The officer had seemed to get where he was going with this, "So FRank was your owner, correct?"

Gerard nodded. 

"You know his last name?"

"Iero," Gerard said quietly, fumbling slightly with pronunciation but getting it right. 

Officer Urie began to look through missing neko reports on his computer, "Alright," he smiled and nodded, "we will get you back to him as soon as we can okay Gerard. That is of course if you want to go back. It's okay if you say no and you can tell us if he treated you bad. We can keep you away from him."

Gerard quickly shook his head, "I wanna go back to Frankie..."

"Then you will. I still have questions to ask about Casper though. I will have someone contact Frank and get him down here, once he is we can legally go over what is happening, and hopefully you will be able to help us with our case. After that you will be free to go home," he smiled gently. 

Gerard nodded and smiled as well. 

"Alright little one, looks like you'll be here a bit, we can tell Frank to bring you clothes, would you like something to eat or drink?"

Gerard nodded again. Officer Urie then stood up, "I'll be back with some apple juice and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, sound good?" 

Gerard nodded, "Thank you." 

"No problem Gerard, it's my job. We'll keep you safe," he smiled and left the small office to go get the food. It was safe to say that Officer Urie had a sweet spot for nekos, mostly because of Ryan.