~Chapter 8~

The scream Frank had emitted had woken up Gerard. It was something like two o'clock in the morning mind you. He had stumbled up and into Frank's room yo see if her was alright, and/or what in God's name he had screamed about. 

Gerard walked into Frank's room to see a very frightened and pale faced man retracted into a corner. It was a strange sight. Frank looked to be a fairly tough man but something had spooked him. Gerard couldn't see what though, or much of anything. Gerard flipped on the light and looked over at Frank. 

"You okay?" Gerard asked. 

Frank didn't much respond except for a worried look around and a point to a creature crawling through the bed sheets. Gerard directed his gaze over to where Frank's index finger was pointing to see a spider. 

You see now, the thing that had woken up Frank was a creepy-crawly feeling of eight legs up one of his own legs. Frank was deathly afraid of the species of arachnid, would much rather be trampled by a thousand fans then have to even as much look at one of the foul creatures. 

Gerard chuckled and went over to the bug in the bed sheets and let it crawl up onto his hand. Gerard held the hand containing the bug out towards Frank. Frank had screeched and backed away, sending Gerard a look that screamed that he was absolutely insane. I'd have to say I agree with Frank here. Gerard is a brave little one. 

"It won't hurt you Frankie," he giggled. 

"Kill the damn thing!" Frank yelled, not in a mean way of course, but in a concerned for his sanity and safety kind of way. 

"Noooo, why would I do a thing like that to the poor thing," Gerard frowned. 

"Get rid of it," Frank whined, growing increasingly scared.

"Okay okay, I'm gonna go put them outside," he smiled and carefully made his was downstairs and onto the front porch, making sure the spider didn't try to make a run for it. 

Frank had a sigh of relief as the spider was taken out of his room. Though just for precautionary measures he surveyed the room to make sure there wasn't another spawn of Satan lurking around. 

Gerard had let the spider crawl off of his hand and to wherever it made it's next web. "Bye lil' guy," he smiled as he watched the spider scurry away.

Gerard stood back up and into the house, closing and locking the front door. He went back up to Frank's room to find Frank turning his room practically inside out. Gerard couldn't help but chuckle. 

"Is it gone?" Frank asked almost frantic as soon as he heard Gerard enter back into the room. 

"It's out of the house," Gerard nodded. 

"Good," Frank breathed and sat on the edge of his bed. 

"You know you're rarely ever six feet away from a spider. There's no use in being scared of them," Gerard shrugged. He reminisced on memories of following spiders around. The was they moved was fascinating to Gerard. How they could coordinate all of their limbs to move in sync, the way they could climb up walls and upside down was the coolest thing. Sure they looked a little scary on the outside, but it was only because every one had made them out to be such scary things. 

"God don't remind me. They're terrifying, why in the world would you pick one up?" Frank exclaimed in disbelief with a hint of disgust and a bit of underlying interest. 

"They're cool!" Gerard giggled like it was the most obvious thing in the world, because to him it was. He was easily entertained and pleased to say the least. 

Frank shook his head and ruffled Gerard's hair, "I'm going back to bed and you should too," he smiled a little. 

"Okkkaaayy," Gerard had said and skipped back up and into his room, shutting off Frank's light as he left. 

"Sleep well," Frank said as the light had shut off. 

"You too," Gerard said before shutting the door and getting cozy in the dark in his room. 

-

Morning had came all too soon for the both of them. The rude awakening in the middle of the night had caused them both to loose sleep, both of them really loved to sleep. 

Frank's alarm was the call of the new day. The sound traveled far enough to wake up Gerard. Both of them had groaned, the difference being Frank had actually woken up and Gerard had pulled the blanket over his head and tried to hide from the morning. You couldn't hide from time though and Frank had come in to get him up and moving. 

"Rise and shine Gee," Frank yawned and pulled the blankets off of him. 

Gerard whined louder. Frank urged him up more and eventually Gerard had gotten up. 

"Whatcha want for breakfast?" Frank asked as the two of them made their way downstairs.

Gerard shrugged, too tired to respond. 

"I can make waffles," Frank suggested. 

Gerard nodded and sat at the little breakfast bar as he watched Frank begin to make their waffles and a pot of coffee. The two exchanged little words as this happened and during the time they ate. It was a comfortable and drowsy silence. Gerard had managed to get syrup everywhere, making quite the sticky mess. 

After they had finished Frank had put the dishes into the sink for later washing. Frank then turned to Gerard, "Alright, let's get you in the bath messy little kitten," he chuckled. 

Gerard shook his head and jumped off of the stool, "No!" he screeched. 

"Yes now come on," Frank said. 

Gerard shook his head again and ran off. 

"Gerard!" Frank said sternly, "You have ten seconds to get into the bathroom or no TV for a week."

Gerard huffed and didn't move from the spot he had fled to. 

"Ten...nine...eight..." he counted down from the number as promised. 

Gerard slowly peaked out and contemplated it. He really did like the TV... 

"Seven...six...five. Five seconds Gerard I mean it!" Frank was getting increasingly angry. 

Gerard gave in and went into the bathroom, he figured either way he had to get this bath. 

"Nice to see you finally cooperate," Frank said with a slight bitter undertone, "You wanna do this yourself or do you want me to wash you?" Frank had hoped Gerard would do it himself. It'd be a little awkward if he had to bathe Gerard, but he was being polite. 

"You do it," Gerard smiled innocently.