~Chapter 10~

-

We're at 150 views guys. Wowie. Thanks so much <3

-

Gerard came down the stairs something like ten minutes later. The belt was indeed necessary to hold the pants up on the neko, but the sweatshirt hung three-fourths down Gerard's thighs so that really couldn't be seen. Frank thought that Gerard just looked like the cutest little thing the way that the sweatshirt practically swallowed him. Gerard's hands were completely covered by the sleeves off the sweatshirt and flopped over where his fingertips ended. The best part was that Gerard had the cutest little smile on his face as he hopped down the stairs and into Frank's lap.

"Your sweatshirt is warm. I like it, can I keep it," Gerard smiled looking up at Frank pleadingly.

Frank didn't care much for it and he had the exact same one in red so he really didn't care, tha and there was no way he could say no to Gerard when he pulls a cute little face like that. Frank just wanted to pinch his cheeks and leave a wet sloppy kiss on his forehead. He now understood grandmothers and he wasn't sure if he liked or hated the feeling.

Instead though he had only chuckled and nodded, "Of course you can keep it Gee. Looks better on you than me anyways."

"Well I'm sure that's not true Frankie," he pouted only for a second until his face contorted into a wide grin and his chubby cheeks just looked all the more plump to squeeze. "Thank you!" Gerard had exclaimed and wrapped his arms around his waist and twisted a little, hugging himself.

Frank chuckled again and kissed the top of Gerard's head, his hair still being slightly damp, "Anything for you. Speaking of which we are going shopping today to get you your own clothes and such so here in a bit we should leave to go to the mall."

Gerard's face only got brighter as he had heard the words. Wow he'd get to go shopping! He barely ever got to be in a public setting, this was all so exciting.

"First we gotta hide those ears and that tail of yours though," Frank ruffled Gerard's hair and Gerard nodded.

Gerard stood up and lifted up the sweatshirt a little, wrapped his tail into the belt loops of his borrowed jeans and dropped the sweatshirt back down. "I need a hat," he said once he finished concealing his tail.

Frank had nodded, "Come on then, you can come pick one out," and began to walk up into his room.

Gerard followed and once up there and once he had seen the small variety he picked out a simple black beanie. He put on the hat to where it looked natural and checked in the mirror with a nod.

"What about your eyes?" Frank had asked curiously.

"If people ask I just say they're contacts. Most people just leave it at that then," he shrugged. Frank had nodded.

The two went back downstairs and had both put on their shoes. Frank grabbed the car keys and his wallet as well.

"Ready to go then?" he turned to Gerard and smiled.

Gerard had nodded and the two walked out. Frank locked the door behind them and the two headed towards the car. Frank being the gentleman that he was, had opened the passenger door to his car for Gerard. Gerard had giggled and gotten in, buckling himself in as Frank jogged around to the other side to do the same.

The car ride was short and filled with the sound of My War by Black Flag. (full album linked above) It was one of Frank's favorite albums. It had to be good, after all it had made Kurt Cobain's top fifty albums list. The lack of communication in the car was a comfortable one. Both of them had small smiles on their faces, intending to have fun today. Frank was even drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

They had reached the mall quite soon after. The both of them getting out, and once next to each other had locked hands happily. Gerard was excited to see people. A public place was usually a big no-no for him. This would be so exciting.

Or so he thought.

That excitement was all just in theory. Once they had walked in and Gerard had seen all of the people he had gripped Frank's hand tighter as they walked down the hallway of the shopping center. Gerard wanted nothing more to leave now. This was weird. He was in the line of sight of so many people and the idea had freaked him out majorly.

Frank had felt Gerard squeeze his hand quite harshly. Frank had turned his head to look at Gerard. Gerard's face wasn't the happy-go-lucky expression that Frank had seen most of the time. It was a frightened and worried expression. One he didn't like to see.

Frank had leaned over a bit to Gerard as they walked and spoke quietly to him, "What's wrong baby?" He was concerned for Gerard. It had slipped his mind that Gerard had never really been in a place like this. It was just so normal to Frank.

"Lot's of people..." Gerard said quietly, scanning his eyes over the area he could see. After doing so he looked at Frank and took a deep breath.

That was when Frank was able to connect the dots. Only imagine when Frank has to go off on tour. He would bring Gerard of course. He wouldn't trust Gerard with anyone else, he would of course want Gerard there with him, and he would most definitely not leave Gerard alone for months. There was no way that would work. Anyways, but Gerard in a place like one of his concerts would probably make the poor guy freeze up completely. He had to keep in mind that he needed to work on Gerard's social skills. Which was something he had not anticipated doing.

Frank had nodded a little once it had made sense to him. He had sent Gerard a small and reassuring smile and begun to speak softly to Gerard, "Don't worry about them baby. The only one you have to think about is me, okay? Just pretend they aren't even there," Frank had suggested to the other, well more like instructed.

Gerard took one last scan around the area and nodded, swallowing with an audible gulp.

"Good boy," Frank had kissed Gerard's cheek lightly and kept walking. "Alright let's go get you some clothes."

Gerard had nodded once again and Frank had led him into some department store. He had led him back to the section in which Gerard would be shopping in. "Go wild baby, anything you want," he had chuckled a bit.

Gerard had smiled, relaxing more now that they were away from such large amounts of strangers at once. Gerard began to look through clothes and so did Frank. Frank had picked out stuff he thought would look nice on Gerard. Gerard had done the same for himself.

They hopped from store to store, picking stuff out, trying stuff on, then paying and hitting the next one. It all piling up in bag that Frank had to carry. Basically Gerard's entire wardrobe in the making. The had done this for hours.

Gerard was becoming more and more comfortable in the various places. Without either of them noticing, Gerard had wondered off and found himself lost and separated from Frank. Worse yet, in his attempts to find Frank he ended up back into the busy areas.

He was about to cry and someone approached him.

"What's wrong?" the stranger asked. He had also placed a hand on Gerard's shoulder.

"I lost Frankie..." Gerard sniffled a bit.

"Come on, I'll help you find him," the guy had said with an almost devious smirk forming onto his lips, exposing his slightly yellow teeth.