~Chapter 5~

"Gee?" Frank chuckled a little. Gerard blushed. "Whatcha wanna watch?" he asked.

Gerard shrugged a little, he didn't really ever watch movies, but simply let them play in the background as Master petted him or he stared out of a window. Frank thought for a moment, his brow furrowing ever so slightly. He went through a list and he picked out a movie with a wide smile forming on his lips. 

"I think you'll like this," he smiled and pressed play, waiting a couple seconds for the movie to load before it began to play. 

Gerard watched as words he couldn't read appeared and disappeared across the screen. A lyricless song was playing in the background as the screen revealed a snowy day and a factory building. The view went down into the factory and words that he assumed to be the title appeared. 

As mentioned Gerard couldn't really read well. He knew a little bit but the words were gone before he could get to the second on. The first word was a name, that he had known. It had said 'Charlie'

Frank must have seen Gerard's confused face and read the title aloud for him in a kinda quiet voice, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," he smiled. This was the newer version rather than the older. Frank began to softly stroke Gerard's hair. 

Gerard nuzzled into Frank, he still had his eyes focused on the screen. He listened as the narrator began to talk about a kid he soon found out to be Charlie. 

The movie went on, Gerard was both confused and delighted at the story being told on the screen. When it ended Gerard turned to Frank and tilted his head. 

"But what happened to Willy and his dad? And what about when Charlie grew up? And all of the other kids? Was Violet blue for forever? Did Max stay stretched like a piece of taffy?-" Gerard began to ramble out all of the questions he wanted answers to before Frank had stopped him. 

Frank chuckled lightly, "Gee, I don't know," he provided an answer. Gerard only whined in response. "Did you like the movie?" Frank asked. 

Gerard nodded a smile returning back to his face, "My favorite part was when the squirrels threw Veruca down the garbage chute," he giggled. 

Frank giggled right along with him, more at the happiness of Gerard than at the actual part in the movie, although it was pretty funny. 

"Really? Even better than when Violet blew up into a blueberry?" he asked in almost disbelief. 

"No, that part was just kinda gross," Gerard scrunched his nose and shook his head. 

Frank nodded a little in understanding. Gerard curled back up into Frank's lap with a smile of pure joy and a yawn. Frank gently rubbed Gerard's back, and Gerard shut his eyes. 

"Tired Gee?" Frank asked quietly and shut off the television. 

Gerard nodded a little, ready to have a little nap. 

Frank had smiled down at the little neko, "Sleep well," he wished him and kissed to top of Gerard's head. 

Gerard soon drifted into a light slumber, in which Frank was perfectly content with just observing. Frank was completely occupied with just watching Gerard and petting him as he slept, he need not any other distraction. The minutes ticked by and soon an hour, before Gerard began to stir and awake again. 

Gerard opened his eyes, his ears perking up a little indicating he was aware of his surroundings once again. Gerard was a little startled at first to not see the shelter and other nekos, before he realized he was with Frank. He would rather be here, it was just a little startling. Like when you wake up in a hotel bed after a deep sleep and you totally forgot you weren't even at home. Not that the shelter was a home just what he was accustomed to. 

Frank had chuckled a little bit, seeing the second of panic and worry flash across Gerard's face, "You're alright," he assured the neko in his lap. He was able to pick up on what had happened. 

Gerard blushed a little and hopped up off of Frank's lap. Gerard was wide awake now and itching to get some energy out. Frank had chuckled once again as Gerard hopped up to explore around the room. 

Gerard had come across a tennis ball on the ground. Frank had it there because occasionally he would bounce it from the ground to the wall and back into his hands when he was bored. Gerard had nudged at it with his nose curiously, watching it move and following it roll. 

When the ball had stopped he had done it again, nudging it with his nose and following it slowly. Frank was watching with a content smile. He could see the childlike wonder in Gerard's eyes. Although of course Gerard wasn't quite a child, yet more so a kitten, and even that description wasn't quite right. 

The way to really describe his was innocent. 

Gerard was an innocent little neko. Too pure, yet still having seen far too much. 

It almost made Frank's chest hurt when he thought about it, that sad feeling soon masked by giggles when the tennis ball had rolled under the couch. Frank couldn't tell if Gerard was trying to see if it disappeared or if he was trying to reach it. 

No matter really, because Frank had pulled out his keys. He had for a certain reason of course, trying to keep then from jingling. On his key ring he had a small key-chain that was both a flashlight and a laser pointer. 

Before now Frank had never really had a use for the laser pointer, in this moment however he was glad he possessed it. He aimed in the general direction of where Gerard was looking and pressed the small button to turn on the light. He moved it slightly more in front of Gerard so it was sure to catch the neko's  attention. 

Sure enough it had and Gerard had pawed at it with his hand. Frank was quick to react and move the beam over  to the carpet next to Gerard's hand, slowly inching it away further. Gerard watched it for a second and swatted at it again. 

Of course he had no luck with it, but after the many attempts over the many minutes, he  still wouldn't give up. Gerard was determined if anything to get of the small red dot that was continuously taunting him. 

After a whiled Frank had trailed the light halfway up the wall so Gerard wouldn't be able to reach it. Frank had chuckled as Gerard sat in front of the wall and stared up at the light. Gerard maybe had even whined a little, but had a composure to him that wouldn't let him show weakness. 

Frank swayed the light back and fourth, watching as Gerard's eye had followed the small constant motions. It was only a minute longer though before the battery had died. Gerard looked bewildered and quickly scanned the room for the dot as Frank shoved his keys back into his pocket. 

"Frankie?" Gerard hopped up on the couch next to his gracefully and tiled his head, "Did you see the dot?"

"Yes I did," Frank tried to respond with a straight face. 

"Where did it go?!" Gerard huffed and whined, expecting Frank to provide an answer. 

"I dunno Gee," Frank had only shrugged, struggling to refrain from laughter. Gerard was frustrated, it was amusing to see an adorable little thing like Gerard get flustered. 

Gerard huffed and jumped off of the couch with the same grace, carefully stalking around the room to survey it. That was until the door opened and a man with a whole lot of hair on his head walked in, a six pack of bottled beer in one hand. 

Gerard happened to be quite close to the door when it opened, he was about a couple feet away from sitting on the unknown man's feet. 

Gerard looked up curiously with a slight tilt of his head, his eyes narrowing slightly.