~Chapter 12~

Frank had a restless night. The constant tugging at his mind to find Gerard just wouldn't shut up for ten seconds to give him a glimpse a the bliss of sleep. He had tried to get some rest, he really did. He just couldn't do it.

He started a the blank black phone screen most of the night. Awaiting a call from the police that they had found Gerard. Hours went by with no call, Frank made sure to check that it was charged, yet he still didn't receive one. It was driving him insane, worried sick, and fatigued of sleep.

When I say worried sick I do actually mean worried sick. Frank had thrown up until all that had come up was stomach acid, and then puked and dry heaved some more. He had shed a few tears, but not too much. He just wasn't the type to cry.

So finally, after he gathered himself together. His own seems now poorly mended and about ready to burst again, he went out for a drive. A drive around town to be on the look out for his beloved Gerard. It wasn't even until all of this that he had noticed just how attached to the neko that he was.

Frank started towards the area of the mall and slowly worked his way closer to the outskirts in all directions. Though his carelessness had gotten him parked on the side of the road awaiting a speeding ticket. One may say this really wasn't his day.

After the constant driving after that, he had to throw in the towel again and head back home as the sun came back up. He finally felt he really needed sleep. The tugging couldn't keep him awake any longer. He had to go home and sleep.

Just sleep.

When he woke he would set out to look for Gerard again. He wouldn't stop. He would only take a rest.

-

Cap had carried Gerard into a dodgy apartment in which he and a couple druggie roommates called home. Once inside Cap had took Gerard's hat off and plopped him rather rudely on the couch. He had called out for his other two roommates to come get a look at the precious gem he had come across at the mall that day.

They all had the same smirk on their faces. In Gerard they hadn't seen the innocent little furball he was, they saw money bags. You might as well call them Mr. Krabs, Stanley Pines, and Scrooge McDuck.

While Gerard was still heavily in his state of unconsciousness the three had stripped Gerard down to his boxers, slung him on a chair, and secured Gerard to it. They would have used rope, but they hadn't had any and none of them had the boyscout knowledge on tying knots, to they had settled with copious amounts of duct tape. Gerard's chest was bound tightly to the back of the chair, and each ankle to one of the legs. His hands were behind the back of the chair with his wrists bound tightly together. Then lastly a strip of fabric was shoved in his mouth and tied (uncomfortably tight might I add, Gerard would find that out soon) at the back of his head.

Overall it was a very cliche set up, except for the fact that it was in the middle of a very foul smelling and messy apartment living area.

No empty basements here folks. These were not your professional kidnappers. Just some junkies figuring they can make a quick buck (and maybe even get a quick fuck) out of Gerard here.

Gerard hadn't woken until morning had came. He also didn't have much recollection of the day and night before. It was all a haze as his eyes slowly opened and the morning's light flooded his eyes.

Gerard's head was pounding. It had felt like a hangover. Though Gerard hadn't really known or ever experienced a hangover, so he didn't really have much to compare the feeling to. Except... except the first time around that this had happened.

The bad memories had hit him like a truck as he pulled on his restraints and screamed against the makeshift gag. Though screaming against it was something he would soon regret.

Not only had that act drawn the attention of Cap and the two others, but it had also left it far more slobbered on and uncomfortable than it was before. He had only made things worse for himself. The added noise for sure didn't help the pounding hammer on the inside of his skull either. It was too late now.

As Gerard had touched over the thought that it was too late, tears welled in his eyes. Some may say that it is never too late, but after what happened last time, Gerard couldn't say he felt optimistic.

His first owner he had missed dearly for how kind they were to him.

Now the thought of living without Frank was fresh in his mind, and it made the tears start to dive over his eyelids.

Frank had also been kind. This was a different kind of kind however. Not only had Frank rescued him, but there was a certain connection if you will that was just there. It was one to be recognized without being said. It was one that needn't be voiced, at the time that was. It was now that Gerard wished he had said something, wish he had been better, and wished that he would have gripped Frank's hand. He had never realized, the thought had never crossed him, the possibility seemed too outrageously hypothetical, but he should have held on like his life depended on it.

With the state that Gerard was thinking in, a mile a minute, his life had really depended on it.

It was all so clear now. Why he ad never been in public before. He regretted warming up to such a big place, he regretted letting go. H wished he would have stayed scared and timid.

One may suppose the old saying really is true, curiosity killed the cat.

Gerard let out a stifled, muffled, slobbery, teary-eyes, and almost sadistic chuckle as the phrase ran across his mind. Even if dark, at least he had found some humor in the situation.

Only a few seconds had gone by as all of this had crossed Gerard's mind though. In reality he hadn't even pulled it together to stop the screaming. His mind had said to sure, but he couldn't help it. All of what he was doing was on a false hope that a neighbor would hear, or a restraint would slip free. The fight or flight reaction in him had kicked in. He obviously couldn't take off, and he wasn't going to let them dispose of them as they wished so easily.

He wasn't ready to take a round of beatings like he did in his previous arrangements in the trafficking circuit, but he would do what he could. Some situations can bring out the worst and best in people.

Gerard just wasn't sure which one this feisty aura of his belonged to.

My Owner, My Neko ~Frerardजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें