05.

Clara lets out a deep sigh, her eyes slipping shut. She quickly brushes the stray tears from her cheek. Her eyes open looking to rather large, fresh burn around her right wrist. It has been a few days since it's happened but it still hurts. Ever such she's left home using practical magic has caused her great pain, not to mention it also became very difficult. Have the time she could do anything more than a simple card trick or slight levitation. She longed for her home, for her magic to come as easy as it once did. But it's gone now, and there's no returning home. The chime of the door quickly brings her out of her thoughts. She quickly wipes her cheeks one more time before turning to greet the customer. Her smile disappears when she see a familiar vampire seated at the bar, a cocky smirk on his lips.

"Hello, Klaus."

"Clara. A pleasure as always."

She raises an eyebrow at his sweet comment. "Okay?"

His smirk drops when he sees a faint trace of tears on her cheeks. "Everything okay love?" 

She sighs pouring the liquor into a glass. "Everything fine." She states handing him the glass.

He gently takes it staring up into her deep brown eyes, the thought of how easy it is to get lost in them crossing his mind. 

"How's your arm?" He asks quietly.

Clara stops what she's doing, caught off guard my his question. "It's fine." 

She lets out a small gasp when his hand quickly grips her wrist. She intently watches him as he studies the dark burn on her arm. Her arm tingling as he gently runs his finger along the mark. She quickly swallows the lump in her throat, and when his intense stare meets her gaze her breath hitches in her throat.

"Looks painfully." 

She nods. "It is." She whispers. 

She lets out an uneven breath as she meets his gaze once more, his eyes are breathtakingly beautiful up close.

"You're magic hurts you?"

"I-It's more complained then that." 

"If that's the case then why did you offer to help me?"

Clara shrugs gently pulling her arm back. "Why not."