35.

"Rose?" Zek questions worriedly "Rose?"

"What happened?" Clara questions. 

"I don't know she just woke up screaming."

Clara quickly sits next to her sister gently grabbing her shoulder. "Rose? Rose?" She questions gently shaking her shoulders.

Rose's eyes fly open as she quickly sits up. Her arms wrapping around her sister."She's coming." She mumbles.

"Who's coming?" She questions.

"Our mother." She whispers, fear creeping up her throat.

Clara quickly looks over to her brother, his look mimicking her own.

"She-she's going to end us," Rose mumbles holding Clara tighter. "She's going to kill us."

Clara's eyes drift over to Klaus who watches the who scene in horror, Elijah stands behind him with a similar expression.

"We won't let that happen Rosemary." Elijah states after a moment of silence. 

Her eyes drift over to the Mikaelson's, before returning to Clara. "The grimoire, we have to break the glamor on the grimoire. It's the only way we have a chance."

Clara shushes her. "It's alright Rose. Just get some rest alright?"

Rose reluctantly nods, settling back into the bed. Clara cast a glance over her shoulder as the three males exit the room. Clara gently brushes her fingers through her hair. Hazy images flash through her mind, of when they were children, during a large thunderstorm. Clara quickly pulls her hand, Rose peers up at her. 

"Are you alright?" 

Clara shakes away the memory offering her sister a smile. "I'm fine Rose, just rest alright?"

Clara gently shuts the door, her mind racing... 

"Selene, when do you think father will be back?" Rose questions balancing on a falling log. 

She shrugs tossing a stray rock into the stream. "It's hard to say." 

Rose chuckles sitting down next to her, a chorus of laughter soon catches the girls attention. Rose quickly looks up beaming. 

"Zek!" 

"Rosemary!" Selene scolds chasing after her.

"Rose." Zek greets as his younger sister as leaps into his arms. "You shouldn't run off like that." He smiles look to his other sister. "Selene what are you to doing out here, you know you're not supposed to go anywhere alone."

Selene rolls her eyes. "I'm a woman Zek, not a child."

"You are a girl," Zek states forcefully. "And it is my job to look after you."

"Oh come now Zek, don't be too hard on them," Elijah states flashing her a smile. "They haven't wandered off too far now have they?" 

"Yeah mate beside it might be nice to have some company. Keeping them cooped up at the village all the time, they'll go mad." 

Blue eyes meet her brown ones, sending her a quick wink. Selene blushes, casting her gaze to the ground.

"Klaus." Clara mumbles. They were all so young back then, teenagers really.

"Love? Are you alright?"

Her eyes quickly meet his, those familiar blue eyes looking back. She offers him a warm smile, resting her hand against his cheek.

"Yes," she whispers. "everything is fine."