34.

"Are you alright love?"

Clara tears her eyes away from the city street. 

"Yeah, I'm okay it's just strange having everyone back together."

Klaus nods. "I'm sure everything has been very overwhelming."

Clara chuckles looking to her hands. "Yeah, I guess it is. There's just so much on my mind." 

Klaus leans against the rail next to her, folding his hands together. "Like what love?"

"Zek and Rose, us. We had a whole life before this and I can't remember any of it, and that's not fair to you Klaus."

Klaus gently takes her hand in his intertwining their fingers. "Don't worry about that love."

She lets out a sigh, her grip on his hand tighten. "It must be so frustrating for you though. I mean I can't even imagine what you're going through. Elijah, Rose, Zek, there's this barrier between me and everyone and it seems that I just can't break through it."

"Regardless of whether you can remember or not, I am just happy that you are here with me."

She removes her hands stepping back frustrated. "But I'm not here! This person, Clara she's not me!"

Klaus gently grabs her hands. "But she is love, Clara, Selene they are both apart of you. And it doesn't matter that you don't remember, or what name you go by. I shall love you no matter what."

Clara stares up at him baffled. Brown eyes meeting blue ones. "What?"

Klaus smiles brushing her hair behind her ear. "No matter how you look at it, you have been mine and I have been yours for the last thousand years. Perhaps it was fate that we cross paths again." He pauses, looking to the ground. "May I confided something to you, love?"

She nods unable to speak.

"I fell in love you all over again. Truth be told I crossed paths with a plucky barkeeper who reminded so much of my humanity. She was smart, cunning, extremely sassy." Clara lets out a small chuckle causing the hybrid to smirk. "That being said I began falling for you before I even knew who you really were to me." he sighs looking to their join hands. "I know your frustrated love, I know you feel out of the loop. But no matter what happens I will not leave your side, not again." he brushes in fingers against her cheek. "And I will always stand with you, whether you remember me or not."

Clara gives him a loving smile, quickly connecting their lips. Klaus happily kisses back, his arms holding her tightly against his frame. 

"Thank you, Klaus." 

He smiles down at her, resting his hand against her cheek, before connecting their lips again. However, the happy moment is short-lived and ruined at the sound of a piercing scream. Clara quickly pulls back looking towards the door. 

"Rosemary." She breathes.

She meets Klaus' worried stare, before quickly heading to the door.