14.

"So, Clara is it? How did a girl like you get wrapped up with my brother?" Rebekah questions breaking the small silence.

"The mere chance of him continuously popping up in my life despite me telling him to get lost."

"Well, that seems about right." She begins her eyes drifting over to her brother. "Nik is well known for his persistence." 

"That's one way of putting it," Klaus states taking a drink. "I prefer something with a more dark tone, though."

Rebekah flashes him an angry smile. "Of course you would be proud of being a murderer, wearing your kills like a badges of honor."

"Oh please, Rebekah a thousand years of living surely you've taken a life or two."

"Niklaus." Elijah state, his stern voice causing his siblings to look to him. "Now is not the place, nor the time. That also goes for you too Rebekah."

"Oh course." Rebekah smiles her eyes falling to Clara. "We wouldn't want to scare the poor thing off now would we."

Clara meets her stare, offering her a smirk in return. "Actually I was quite enjoying the show."

Klaus glances over at her, biting his lip to hold back his smile.

"What back alley did you find this one brother?" Rebekah questions bitterly.

"So Clara." Elijah quickly begins. "Tell us something about yourself."

Clara offers the elder brother a smile. "I am just  a simple bartender trying to get by."

Klaus looks at her, holding his tongue. Figuring she has her reasons for keeping her magic heritage a secret. The fact that she really couldn't use it is probably a big factor.

"Bartender?" Rebekah questions. "How daring." 

"You know I get the feeling that you don't like me," Clara states meeting the blonde's stare.

"Really?" She begins sarcastically. "What gave it away?"

Clara chuckles looking to her plate, leaning towards Klaus. 

"I think this is going well." She states quietly knowing full well that Elijah and Rebekah could hear her.

He smirks, his blue eyes meeting her brown ones. "It could probably be better."

Clara lets out a small laugh straighten up. The two siblings watching the exchanged, Elijah with curiosity while Rebekah looks at them with envy. Rebekah's eyes catch a glimpse of the fading burns wrapped around her wrist. Eager to create waves she quickly questions the girl about it.

"Quite a nasty burn you had there."

Clara's eyes fall to her wrist, Klaus eyes also looking to the mark. 

Clara simply smiles. "What can I say? It's the price I pay for being a human, of course, my clumsiness may also be a factor."

Rebekah scowls at the girl, angered by her seemingly unshakeable front. Klaus' turn to his sister.

"Exactly what are you trying to do Rebekah?"

Before the blonde can answer Clara voices fills the room. 

"Do not look at me with envy, simply because you think I have something you want."

The Mikaelson remain quiet, their full attention on the girl. 

"There is more to everything than what rest on the surface."

Clara sets her napkin on the table rising to her feet. 

"I apologize for leaving so abruptly but I have other matters to attend too. Thank you for having me, it was nice meeting you. Elijah. Rebekah."   

The siblings remain quiet as she disappears from the room. 

"Well, she's certainly is interesting," Elijah states, his gaze falling to his brother.

Klaus rises to his feet, throwing his napkin on the table and quickly leaving the room. There's a brief pause before Rebekah turns to her brother.

"Doesn't she remain you of someone?"

Elijah meets his sister gaze knowing full well what she was getting at. "Indeed she does."