36.

"Are you alright?" 

Zek sighs rubbing his hands together, glancing over his shoulder. "Not really."

Rebekah bites the inside of her cheek walking over to him. "You want to talk about it?"

He lets out a soft laugh. "I am probably the last person you want to talk to."

"You wouldn't be wrong," she begins softly. "but contrary to popular belief I am not that bitter." 

She cast him a sideways glance, not at all surprised to find him staring at her. Silence slips around them, and it is a long while before he speaks. 

"I'm supposed to protect them Bekah. And it's just hitting me that I can't. Out of all of us, I am the most useless here." 

"You're not useless Zek." She states quietly. 

"I've failed," he whispers. "I've failed at everything, my sisters, you. I tried to be the hero when I wasn't."

Rebekah grabs his hand, intertwining their fingers. Zek looks over to her in utter shock, however, her eyes were glued to the city street below.

"Don't ruin it." She mumbles, feeling his eyes on her.

A small smile tugs at his lips as he gives her hand a gentle squeeze. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see a smile cross her lips. He gently runs his thumb against her head, a moment pass before she rests her head on his shoulder. Her eyes slip close as he looks down at her. He bites his lip placing a soft kiss against her temple.

"Thanks, Bekah."

"You're ruining it." She whispers.

A soft chuckle slips pass his lips. "Sorry."

Catching sight of the two Clara softly smiles to herself. Klaus follows her gaze wrapping his arm around her shoulders. 

"Come on love." He whispers into her hair. "It's been a long night."