23.

The vampire smirks answer his phone. "Sophie, now this is a surprise. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I need you get to the bar quick." 

"I would love to Sophie I really would, but I have far better things to do today."

"It's Clara." She states.

Klaus smirk drops as he stops dead in his tracks. "What about her?"

"She's bleeding out in my kitchen!" She states in a panic. "I-"

Klaus quickly hangs up the phone darting down the street. Sophie sigh, throwing her phone on the ground, pressing her hands against the wound. 

"Clara, come on keep your eyes open," Sophie begs.

After a moment the doors fly open, the vampire quickly rushing to her side. He cradles her head, biting into his wrist and lowering it to her mouth. After a moment Clara begins greedily drinking his wrist. Klaus sigh, resting his head on top of her. 

"You're alright." He whispers, pulling back his wrist tightly holding her in his arms. "You're okay."

Clara pushes him away, quickly sitting up and coughing violently. A black and crimson liquid falls pass her lips. Her insides tightly twist as she continues to throw up blood and the potion. Sophie and Klaus watch in confusion unsure what to do. However when a small black bag thumps to the ground Clara's coughing stops. She pushes herself away from the mess, gasping for air, tears in her eyes. Klaus gently wraps his arms around her shoulders, she jumps at the sudden contact. He rest is head on her shoulder, quietly shushing her. Sophie's eyes stare at the small bag with a silver trim.  She grabs a rag, bending down to pick it up. Pulling on the string she opens it dumping its contents into one hand. She gasps, dropping the bag, the small bones and ashes spread out across the floor. Klaus looks up at her, worry crossing his features.

"What is it?"

Sophie kneels next to Clara pushing her hair from her face. "Clara how many?"

Klaus watches the two in confusion. When Clara doesn't answer Sophie questions her again.

"How many Clara?"

"Five, I think."

Sophie gasps pulling away from her. "How the hell are you even breathing?"

"What's with the bag, Sophie?" Klaus questions, however, she doesn't answer still intently staring at the girl in his arms. "Sophie!" He growls.

"They're powerful hex bags." She shakes her head. "I don't understand magic like this hasn't be used for centuries." 

"What do they do?" 

"They pull and drain magic from the body?" Sophie's eyes fall to the large burns on her arm, realizing that those were from a completely different spell. "Someone's trying to farm her magic, and- and I think it might be killing her."