24.

Clara stirs, and in an instant, Klaus is by her side. Her large brown eyes look up at him and for a second he forgot what breathing is. She looks so fragile, so broken, he just wants to wrap her up, hold her close and keep any outside forces far away from her. His name slips from her lips and he could feel his heart hammer in his chest. It truly is like he is staring into a mirror of the past when he called her a by a different name. When they were young and foolish and thought they could conquer the world with an undeniable attraction. He wants it to be her, his Selene, the one person who choose him first. He gently runs the back of his hand against her cheek.

"Are you alright love?" 

She offers him a simply nod, her brown eyes peering into his blue one. Oh, how he could stare into their depths for hours, losing himself and the world in the process. His mind drifts back to a long forgotten memory, of how those enchanting eyes once stared up at him with lust and desire. Of how his name fell from her parted lips in pure bliss ecstasy, how she quaked under his slightest touch. He shakes away the thought, reminding himself that this girl in front of him could quite possibly not be her and that he is getting his hopes up thinking otherwise. However, the thought didn't stay away for long, and his mind once again began to drift to perversions. Like how her skin would feeling under his fingertips or even his lips. If her lips were as soft as he remembered, or how hot her smooth skin felt under his large callous hands. He wants her, he wants her in every sense imagable, but the woman he wants is Selene and although the two were very similar Clara just was not her. Or maybe she was? He's been running every scenario possible trying to figure how she survived through the centuries, and if she did what happened to her memory. 

"I don't know what to do Klaus." She whispers defeated. 

He brushes her long dark locks behind her ear. "You don't have to do anything love." He mummers quietly.

"I can't go home." She blabbers quietly tears pricking up in her eyes.

He pulls her against his chest, tightly wrapping his arms around her shoulders. "It's okay love." He shushes her quietly his fingers diving into her hair.

"She tried to kill me." She mutters into his shoulder. "My own mother."

Klaus' tense for a moment, knowing full well what it is like to have a parent hunting you down, desperate to end your life. He pulls back staring deeply into her tear filled eyes.

"Just tell me what you need Clara. Say the words and I promise I will make you forget about the wicked world around us. Even if it only is for a short while."

Something clicks in Clara's eyes and for a moment she thought she had heard those words leave his lips once before. Her mind pieces together a hazy image, one that is blurry and out of focus. But she knew she saw him, his eyes staring down lustfully at her as he towered above her. But something was different, off, he didn't look the same then as he did now. Shaking away her odd sense of deja vu, she meets his desire filled eyes. Instead of answering she wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him towards her. Their lips roughly connecting in a fury playful tounges and clashing teeth. 

The gesture is all Klaus needs, gently pushing her onto her back he crawls onto of her. His lips feverishly attacking her neck, jaw, and collar bone. He pulls back, half-laden eyes boring down at her. She returns his lustful look, her fingers lacing through his curls. 

"Your hair is shorter." She quietly muses to herself.

Klaus stares down at her a look of confusion crossing his features. "What?"

She flashes him a warm smile, giving a gently tug on the blonde locks. Something he very much enjoyed. His eyes slip shut for a moment, as he let out a low moan. She giggles, playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"I said your hair is shorter Niklaus."

His eyes fly open at the sudden change in name choice. She let out a small laugh meeting his bewildered stare.

"Sorry, I know you hate when I call you that."

He stares down at her, once again lost in her eyes. He wants to say her name, hell he needs to say it. Before he can even react the name gently falls from his lips. A soft whisper, like a secret, shared among friends.

"Selene?" He mumbles, testing the name. It floats off his tongue, tingling aginst his lips. He couldn't describe how right it felt to speak her name once more.

However, as the name passes his lips, that familiar glint in her brown eyes disappears. And in its vacancy, he knew that he was no longer looking into the eyes of a long lost lover, but rather the plucky girl that reminded him so much of her. 

"Is everything okay?" She questions completely unaware of her sudden change.

The vampire offers her a small smirk, leaning down and placing a gentle kiss below her ear. "Everything's fine, love." He mutters his lips connect to the hot flesh on her neck.

She jolts at the contact a low hum vibrating in the back of her throat. "Everything is just fine." He whispers.