🌸C H A P T E R 2

Celina in the top media💕

🌹

It was a great experience walking around the city. Tally and I met a lot of people, for the most part they were rude. That's expected, this is New York.

Tally got a FaceTime call pop up on her phone. It was our other best friend Celina.

"Hey boogers!" she said.

"Hey!" we both exclaimed. We were on the street again, the noise was loud and over bearing.

"D.C. is great! I have my stuff moved in officially. There's so many fine black men walking around." she said.

"We can't wait to see you! Already counting down the days!" Tally said.

"I miss you guys already!" she said. She blew a kiss. "Love you both!"

"Love you too, bye!" we both said at the same time. She said bye and we ended the call.

A bus sped in front of us. We blinked immediately, scared out of our minds.

"We almost died." Tally said, finally taking a breath. We locked arms and ran across the street. We went to this small pizza parlor called 5 points pizza.

The waiter sat us down and immediately took our order. I faintly hear my favorite song in the room full of people.

"Ugh I hate this song." Tally said with an eye roll.

"I love this song so much." I said. I hummed to the melody. "Will you be my open arms.."

We began to reminisce the times we had as kids, laughing at each remark we made about our times together.

The day grew later and it was time for us to part ways.

I pulled her into a hug and didn't let go for a while. We eventually let go and she wiped her standing tears from her face. I wiped my small tears from my eyes, I slowly kissed her forehead.

"Text me when you make it to your dorm!" I said. I whistled loudly for a taxi.

"I will. I love you Ezra!" she said. She blew a kiss out to me.

"I love you too!" I said, the car sped off into the NYC traffic.

I slowly looked up into the night sky of the city. All I could see was the buildings up above me, and the stars beyond them. I directed my attention to the street again and called a taxi out for myself. They slowly pulled up and it was back to NYU.

I got the taxi close enough to the main entrance and I ran up the stairs to the door. The door immediately opened to a rather good looking man.

"Hey kid. You were almost late." he said, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Stop calling me kid." I snapped. His expression changed from playful to serious.

"I'll call you whatever I want to call you, meat," he said. He pushed past me and walked out of the building. I stumbled a bit, darting my eyes at his direction. He looked back with a stale face, and continued walking.

All that for calling me a kid?

I sucked my teeth in annoyance and walked into the building. The same guy was watching the desk and chuckled when I walked in.

"What's so funny now?" I snapped at him.

"You just got here, you already messing up. Kid." he said, with and even louder laugh. I waved him off and went upstairs.

Christian was no where to be found like he said, so I just changed into my sleeping clothes and started to doze off.

~🌟~

"Oh Era!"

"Baby stop you know I don't like that nickname! My dad already calls me that at home!"

"Why not? Its sexy on you!"

"Don't even."

"I'm sorry...I love you."

"I love you too."

My alarm on my phone blares throughout the room. I open my eyes and turn it off. Christian was fast asleep on his bed, I slowly got up and got ready. I showered and headed out the door for breakfast.

Nobody is at the desk when I walk out, good thing I don't run into that dude again.

What was with that first dude I met? He calls me kid and gets mad when I tell him not to?

I shrug it off and I get ready to walk toward my first 8am class. It is now 6:45 in the morning and I have time to get food.

I get there and sit down at a random table, little to no one is in the Cafe. Its okay, I have some time to think about what I'm going to be doing this week.

My mind is interrupted by the same dude from yesterday, walking into the Cafe. My attitude immediately turns sour.

His eyes dart to mine and we stare for a little bit. He comes toward my table and sits his belongings down next to me. I raise my eyebrows slowly, still keeping contact with him.

"Meet your new babysitter."

Huh?!