🌸C H A P T E R 5

🌹

🌹

I've seen this same boring ass room all weekend.

Adam called my dad, my dad cursed me out for going to the party and drinking, he told me that he would take me out of school if I did it again. So I'm here in this room. Stuck and secluded.

"Can we get something to eat?" I groaned.

"Ezra, we have food here." he scoffed.

"Adam, no. I want to leave this room."

"Too bad."

"Dude!" I said, standing up from the couch. "What's your issue? I fucked up once. Big deal."

"You wanna know what my 'issue' is? The next time you fuck up, it affects me." he stood up to face me. It was kind of uncomfortable because he was close to me, and I was really short.

"Oh ok." I said stepping back. "I get your frustration."

He sat back down and smiled a bit. I thought for a moment and stood up again.

"How about I make it up to you?"

"What do you have in mind?" he asked.

I bit my lip for a bit. "I make you dinner and we go see a movie?"

"Deal."

"Let me shower first." I walked away from his sight and went into the bathroom. I grabbed my phone and started to play my favorite song.

"Will you be my open arms..."

I got out and looked at my naked self in the mirror. I smirked a bit and took a picture.

I quickly posted it on Instagram

"Damn I'm cute." I smirked.

I walked out to see Adam with his towel tied around his waist. His large hand balled into a fist to keep the towel in place.

He is so gorgeous half naked.

My breathing slowed down as I stared at him.

"Ezra...? You good?"

"Huh?" I said, snapping out of my thoughts. He raised his eyebrows and I slowly moved away from him.

"Imma just....get dressed.." I said. I speed walked away from him. As soon as I got to my room, I slammed the door shut.

"Shit..."

I'm too late.

I cleaned myself up as best as I could and threw on some clean clothes. I waited for him to get ready in the living room.

He stepped out in all black. Black shirt, black jacket, black jeans, and black low cut boots.

"You ready?" he asked me, adjusting his jacket.

"Yeah..lets go." I said back.

We walked out into the busy city, the theater wasn't that far from the University.

"What do you wanna see?" I asked him.

"I was thinking Get Out." he shrugged.

"That movie seems so scary.." I shivered a bit.

"Its supposed to be, its challenging the thought of racism to be frightening so that dumb white people can wake up." he simply said.

Damn. He woke.

We got in line a paid for tickets. As soon as we got into the movie, it was packed full of people. I tried my best to get a good seat.

I sat in the middle of the row and a guy came up to me and stopped me as I was sitting down.

"Aye man, that's my seat!" he snapped.

"Alright we'll move then." Adam said. He shoved me behind him, it made me stumble a bit.

We moved to a row behind and sat down.

"Sorry if I pushed you too hard." he said.

"It's ok, you just scared me. I didn't know what that man was gonna do.." I said.

"Don't worry, I'm not just your 'babysitter', I got your back." he winked.

We watched the whole movie, there were a few movies where I jumped a bit. It was a really good movie though.

After we got out of the movies I turned to him. "I kind of don't feel like cooking, wanna go out to eat?"

"Sure."

We went to this place called Stoney River. It was one of my most favorite restaurants to go to.

We got seated and things were pretty quiet. I thought for a moment and asked him a question.

"Wanna play 21 questions?"

"...sure. Why not? You go first." he said.

"Ok. Where are you from?" I asked.

He chuckled a bit. "I don't think that's how you play this game."

"Lets play my version. I wanna get to know you." I reassured.

"If you say so...I'm from Vegas." he said.

"I've never met anyone from Vegas.." I said.

"My turn. What do you want to be when you graduate?"

"Clinical Psychologist." I said. These questions are easy. "Hmmm...pet peeve?"

I could tell he was really thinking about it. "When something doesn't go my way. Yours?"

"Being told what to do." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Mmhm." he replied, he squinted his eyes at me.

"I'm gonna turn these questions up a notch. Sexual orientation?" I asked.

His eyes were still squinting at me. "I'm bisexual."

"What?!" I exclaimed. People turned their heads slightly. He and I ducked down and laughed it off afterwards.

"I get that reaction all the time. What about you?" he asked. His arms crossed and he leaned back slowly, cocking his head to the side.

"I um...I'm gay." I said. His brows raised slowly.

"Wow." he said.

We kind of stared at each other for a bit, our plates were placed in front of us. We said nothing after that, but I really wanted to know what he was thinking.

What made him defend me at the theater?

Why did he want to see that particular movie?

Why did he order steak instead of chicken?

Why was he so open to my questions?

Why was he shocked that I'm gay?

So many questions. So much to say.