🌸C H A P T E R 8

*my headers don't work apparently.*

🌹

Flashback:

It was a lonely day at home, Tally was somewhere with Celina. I was bored so I took a walk out to the nearby park.

I walked to the park and sat down on the swings, kicking at the mulch at my feet. I noticed an old Cadillac pull up playing loud rap music. I ignored whoever it was, as I saw 4 figures walk up to me in my peripheral vision. I looked up and they all surrounded me.

"Aye little dude, what's up?" one of them said.

I looked up at him. "I'm good. You?"

They all looked at each other and chuckled to themselves. The sun was in my eyes, I squinted to look at their faces.

It turned out only two got out of the car, there was a guy and a girl looking at me.

I seriously thought 4 people were around me....

"Has anyone told you that you look like a model?" the girl asked me.

"No." I replied.

"You should model, here's my card. Call this number." the boy replied. He gracefully placed the small business card in my hand. I watched them walk away from me, the car drove off shortly after.

One week later:

"Ezra tilt your head this way."

I was now currently doing a photo shoot for this small black owned magazine called Vision.

"Ezra, I'm going to introduce you to another model for this shoot. He will be working with you for the next few months." Andy, my photographer said.

The boy stepped into the room, I was immediately pleased at what I saw.

He saw me and smiled at me. Oh how blessed was I to meet this fine man?

He walked closer to me and stuck his hand out. I grabbed it and shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Malachi. Nice to meet you." he gracefully said. I noticed that he's from England.

"Hi..." I said, not breaking the small smile on my face.

"Oh I'm sorry! I'm Ezra! Nice to meet you." I said.

"Ok now that you're acquainted, get dressed and let's get this photo shoot started."

Months later:

"Era! Say cheese!" he said, taking the picture.

I blinked as soon as the flash flashed bright in my eyes. He was taking a picture from the Polaroid I bought him.

"You're annoying! Stop calling me Era!" I laughed.

"What? Its cute on you!" he said, looking up at me. He cornered me on the brick wall in his apartment. He dropped the Polaroid on his couch and placed both of his hands on the wall beside my ears.

He slowly leaned in, kissing my lips slowly and lightly. He then moved to my neck, slowly kissing my neck and me biting my lips at the good feeling sensation.

I slowly grabbed his neck and pulled him closer, he grabbed my hips and hoisted my legs on his waist. His lips parted from my neck and went back to mine. We backed up into his room and he closed the door.

~🌟~

I traced my hand on his chest as he slept with his arms clutched to my waist. I rolled over on top and traced slow kisses on his body.

"Don't tempt me Ezra." he warned. I smirked and hovered over him, and pecking his lips quickly.

"What time is it?" I say, rolling over.

"3:16 a.m." Malachi replied.

"Oh shit..." I said.

"You're not in Chicago Era." Malachi chuckled.

"Oh I know. I just forgot to text my dad and tell him I'm safely in the hotel." I said.

"But you're not, that would be lying." he said with a smirk.

"Best believe if he knew I was with you then he would flip his shit."

"Good point."

We put our clothes back on and he drove me back to the hotel. I was currently in LA for a photo shoot, he lives here so we spent some time together. Currently we are now dating, but I'm only 15. Malachi on the other hand will be 18 in a week. Its weird how he lives alone and he's only 17, still a minor and out on his own. My dad doesn't care for him too much, says he gives him a "bad vibe", but I really like Malachi. We're going to last a very long time.

He drove me to the door and looked at me. "You sure you gotta go so soon?"

"Baby I gotta gooo!" I whined. He pouted, poking out his front lip.

I kissed him and got out of the car. He waved and drove off.

I walked into the hotel and got on the elevator, immediately calling my dad on FaceTime. He picked up and smiled in my face.

"Hey. Late night?" he said.

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah dad."

"Ok I won't keep you." he said.

"Lemme talk to Ezra." a weak voice from behind said.

Dad's smile faded a bit and he handed his phone to my mom. She was really weak with her big belly. We don't know what's wrong, but hopefully we will know when the baby arrives.

"Mama you need your sleep." I said.

"I wanna talk to you! Don't you want to see your mama any more?" she joked. I smiled back. "Well how are you? How's California?"

"Its great it's beautiful out here! Some of the models and I are going to go shopping and to the beach tomorrow." I said. I was trying to keep my mind off of my mothers declining health. I was afraid that something bad was going to happen, I was refraining from saying too much.

"That's great Ezra. You have a great time now, we love you so much and can't wait to see you when you come back." she said with a bright smile.

"All right mama. I love you! I love you too dad!" I said. She kissed the screen and I chuckled a bit.

I made it to my floor and unlocked my room revealing my over priced and high scale room. I plopped on the bed and shortly after I drifted into a deep sleep.

~🌟~

Missed me? No? Ok.

I still don't have 1k on Melrose, BUT I decided to not let this book go to waste and leave you hanging. I really don't know why everyone loves this book, I feel like I bore y'all...is it boring? Leave a comment.

And speaking of that, VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!❤

Engaged readers are entertaining. Sorry for the wait. Love ya! -K.C.