🌸C H A P T E R 18

🌻

"Like I said, that load you just dropped has completely overwhelming...so me telling you how I am is kind of hard to do.." I said, stuttering a bit.

It felt as if my ways from so long ago were coming back.

"Well, to be fair...we just met for the first time. I summed up 7 years for you." Adrian said, sipping his drink again.

"Well I've been...okay." I finally said. "I'm babysitting someone for the semester because his dad requested it."

He chuckled. "I can already tell you care about him."

I was completely astonished with what he was saying. How could he tell? I punched him only last week, he barely knows Ezra.

"How, um...how do you know?" I said.

"I can feel it, it's been several years since we have seen each other Adam. I still feel like I know you." He said, sipping on his 2nd drink.

Boy. There is A LOT you don't know.

I chuckle to myself. "What else do you know?"

"Well from what it looks like, this sudden growth spurt has given you a lot of confidence. You're still very reserved, but you give off a mysterious vibe now. Like, you don't want to let too many people in." He said with a sly smile.

I smiled a bit and shrugged. Mr. Calloway chuckled again.

He began to ask me a rather personal question, a name that I haven't heard in years. I simply said no and we continued small talk until the afternoon turned into a deep evening.

Eventually, we parted ways because he had to go and find his kid. I walked into the city to wander around.

It was the first time in a long time I felt rather, content. Not on edge and constantly thinking about what to do next. I wasn't stressed and feeling down. That honestly felt good!

I wandered around the streets like a local of the big city. If this was me as a freshman, I couldn't just walk around. I didn't want to be seen, as tall as I am. I felt like I couldn't be free, I felt so...

Trapped.

Thank god I was able to open up today. I don't even open up to Ezra, and we've been dating for quite some time. Is that bad?

Ehh, we good.

Only a few seconds later, Adrian's kid walks by. He gives me the most deadliest stare and walks by.

"Hey kid!" I yell at him. He keeps walking, I catch up to him regardless of the busy, lively city life.

"Look I don't know you. Leave me alone." He said, snatching away from my grip.

"Look, I don't know what's going on with you but your dad is looking for you..."

"Leave me alone before I call the police and claim that you're trying to kidnap me!" He yelled back at me. People started to stare at us, I kept my focus on him.

"You don't have that kind of power." I simply said.

He looked around and clenched his jaw. He looked back up at me again. "Leave. Me. Alone."

Libido.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें