The Park

Speechless.

My thoughts were in a haze as we made are way towards the immaculate structure that stood out amongst the evergreen fields. Even though we live like fifteen minutes away, I have never had a reason or been curious enough to venture to Paisley Park. I mean for what? I'm not a musician.

The closer we got to the double glass doors the more intense the fluttering sensation grew in the pit of my stomach. The only way I managed to calm my nerves was to subconsciously to tell myself, 'Jasmin, now you know this man ain't even here. He's so busy, he probably isn't even in the country'. Wishful thinking.

  As we entered through the doors, I was immediately taken aback by how abstract the lobby was. Purple carpet decorated with stars and astrological signs, piano keys painted along the ceiling, awards and plaques hanging along the walls, and his love symbol painted on the balcony with his enticing amber eyes merged within it.

 Purple carpet decorated with stars and astrological signs, piano keys painted along the ceiling, awards and plaques hanging along the walls, and his love symbol painted on the balcony with his enticing amber eyes merged within it

Just as we started walking up the stairs, we heard the loud throat clearing of the receptionist who Morgan made no effort to acknowledge

Just as we started walking up the stairs, we heard the loud throat clearing of the receptionist who Morgan made no effort to acknowledge. "Umm...who is that?".

"This is my sister, why do you have a problem with her being here? Last time I checked you don't own the place or sign my paycheck?", she shot back.

"She needs a visitors pass", is all the receptionist said before she rolled her eyes and threw the lanyard on top of the counter. I just snatched it off the desk before following my sister back up the stairs.

Heading straight down a long corridor, we finally came upon a mahogany door with "Morgan Wilson" plastered on the name plate. As we entered I realized her office was not as eye catching as the rest of the building. Rather modest with an oak desk, a few file cabinets, a book shelf, and a loveseat nestled against an opposing wall.

"So..you work for him huh? Okay big deal you work for...Prince", I finish in a low whisper. "But you could've still told me! It's not like I would just randomly pop up here while your working".

"Yeah I know, but are you forgetting you tend have a big mouth? I just didn't want you to slip up and tell Terrance or really mom for that matter who i work for. Hell we both know with how super religious Terrance is now, he would probably assume that I slept my way into this job position."

I could've been petty and kept rolling with the last part of her statement, but I left it alone.

"Okay, but eventually you should tell Mom and Dad where you work. Stop acting like Tommy!" I snickered.

Shaking her head with a half smile on her face, Morgan proceeded to log on her computer and simultaneously shuffle through the stack of forms laid in front of her. "I'll fill you in later girl."

After thirty minutes, I grew tired of being confined to four walls of the office. As I slid Noah's picture into my poetry book to mark the page I was on, I swiftly got up and asked her where the restroom was.

Without looking up she said," Go out the door, take a left and you'll see it on your right. Make sure you COME BACK, don't go roaming around."

"Yes Mother," is all i said as I made my way out of the door.

When I came out of the restroom, I casually passed my sister's office and strolled towards the nearest balcony that peered over the atrium. I was floored by how breathtaking the view was. Lit by the pyramid-shaped skylights above, I became lost in thought as I admired how his Love Symbol below was surrounded by several plants and the faint sound of doves could be heard.

I was so lost in thought, I had failed to notice a figure come up from behind and lean on the banister to the left of me.

"Enjoying the view?"

As my ears were met with that deep baritone voice, it didn't take long for my brain to decipher who exactly was standing in my presence. As I began to turn my head, almost in slow motion, I could feel my heart beat out of control when my eyes were met with hands down the most beautiful man I have ever seen.

Internally, I was freaking out at the fact that I was standing in front of such an icon. But I knew that he was used to and probably grew tired of people freaking out at the site of him and acting as if he was a god. At the end of the day, he is just a man.

As I kept my composure, I slyly said to him without a hint of nervousness, "Are YOU enjoying the view?".

As I smirked at my own comment, he started smirking as well. I could already tell the next phrase out of his mouth was going to be laced with cockiness.

He slowly turned to face me, leaning the left side of his body up against the railing. As our eyes locked, I couldn't fight the fact that I had now became lost in his hazel eyes that had flecks of amber.

Now knowing that he had my undivided attention, he briskly looked me up and down before flirtatiously saying,

"Now I am."

*Welp, Jasmin finally met the man of the house! How do y'all think the rest of their interaction may go? What was up with the beef between the receptionist and Morgan? Don't forget to vote and comment! :)*