In Those Jeans

November 19, 1998

"So if you have any other questions about this house I'll be in the kitchen. Take all the time you need Ms. Wilson", the realtor said as he left the three of us alone.

I've been riding around with Tori and Keith looking at houses all day. Thankfully the combination of saving my money, my new job, and my dad putting me on his credit card when I was 15 has given me the chance to get a place not just for me but for my son. Even though Morgan cried when I told her we were going to move out, I knew it was time for me to be an adult.

We've literally been at it all day long. We looked at a couple of condos in the city but I ultimately decided I wanted either a house or townhouse because I wanted Noah to have a backyard. Walking through our final house, a pristine 3,200 sq. ft 4 bedroom, 3 bath house in Eden Prairie that is situated in a country club. Although it is SLIGHTLY out of my price range, my inner boujie really wants this house.

 Although it is SLIGHTLY out of my price range, my inner boujie really wants this house

Although I'm really feeling this house, Keith not so much

Although I'm really feeling this house, Keith not so much. He thinks I'm a spoiled brat and my standards are too high. Walking into the master bedroom, Keith rolled his eyes as me and Tori gawked at our surroundings. "Jasmin, how much did that Mr. Brady looking motherfucka say the rent was again?" I swear I can never take this man nowhere.

I mumbled, "$2,200..." Turning my back to him, I hopped up onto the bathroom counter.

"I'm sorry, come again. I didn't hear you."

"$2,200 Keith! Oh my god, you heard me. It's really not too much."

"You say it's not too much, but your budget was $1,800."

"Okay and? I can afford it. And last time I checked Keith, your name isn't going to be on the lease."

Strolling towards me, he pries my legs open, licked his lips and turned on his charm. I heard Tori hack and gag in the background. "See that's cold blooded. Baby why you gotta be like that? You know I'm going to have a key. You know some of my clothes are going to be in your closet. You know I wont be a deadbeat, I'll buy groceries and pay a bill damn."