Confessions Part Two

Lies.

So many lies have encompassed my life within the past year. My older brother lied about why he was arrested; he went to the extreme and said it was for a DUI, turns out he failed to pay child support on a baby no one knew about. Morgan lied to me about why she wanted me to stay away from Prince when I first met him. Prince lied about the extent of the relationship he had between him and my sister. I LIED. I lied when I told him I was never pregnant.

Prince's nagging never left the back of my head. When my period started on October 17th, It was a light spotting but still I called that morning and scheduled an appointment that same day. After checking my hCG levels, she concluded that I was pregnant, but told me to come back a few days later. Two days passed and my flow was a lot heavier. When my GYN completed all of her exams, she told me that my cervix was dilated and my hCG levels had dropped, signifying I was having a miscarriage.

Naturally, I went home and cried. But looking into Noah's big bright brown eyes I knew I still had a reason to smile. I knew there was no reason to ever tell Prince about this. It's better to tell him there was never a pregnancy at all. It might kill him to know that after losing his son and another baby, that the life we created was no more. I lied to him in order to protect his heart and his sanity. I lied to him because I love him.

Prince's Perspective

   November 3, 1998

I didn't expect to hear anymore about my past affairs with Morgan after I confessed. But I got a call at 2am that night of Jasmin crying. Naturally, I grew concerned and asked her what was wrong and said I would come get her but she quickly dismissed me. She told me how her and Morgan got into a fist fight earlier and now she was staying at her parents house. When I pressed on about why, she shunned the question and said, "Did you love her?"

Confused I said, "Huh?"

"Don't huh me, you heard me did you love Morgan?"

Now, I knew exactly what caused this fight. Morgan opening her big ass mouth and Jasmin telling her about us. There was no reason for Jasmin to know the extent of what me and Morgan had. That relationship died a long time ago and I wanted it to stay dead. But Jasmin is smart and I knew if I tried to lie she would be able to see right through it.

"Baby, listen I—" Click.

Am I surprised she's upset? No. Instead of pressing on, I gave her the space she needed to cool off. It's almost been five days, by the end of the week I should be back in her good graces.

What I'm not looking forward to is the unleashing of the Kraken AKA Morgan. That girl is so damn annoying when she's pissed off. Dick was always my solution for her anger, however it can't be like that anymore. I put the final nail in that coffin a long time ago. Luckily I had an extra day to prepare myself since Morgan was on some bootleg getaway with her new boy toy.

The shrill sound of my phone brought me out of my thoughts. Pressing the flashing red button, my assistants voice rang through the receiver. "Sir, Morgan Wilson is here to see you."

"Send her in." Leaning back and kicking my heels up on my desk, just as my eyes had closed I heard the door creak open and slam shut. "Morgan, you got one more time to slam my damn door. I'm telling you right now." Resting my hands behind my head, I patiently waited for her to drill into me. As I heard her heels clacking closer to my desk, my eyes flung open when she pushed my feet off my desk. "You got some nerve—"

"I have some nerve?! You're the one banging my baby sister! Out of all the hoes in your little black book, you choose MY sister to help rebuild your harem?" Standing up, a hearty laugh slipped from me as I was amused by her wild accusations. A harem? I never had no such thing.