No One But Me & U

A/N: I apologize in advance for how long it's taken me to get this update out! Life mannn😖 But I promise y'all, I'll be popping out updates WAY more frequently from now on.

December 10, 1999

New York City, New York

Slowly raking my right hand along his scalp, I relished in the sight before me. The tickling of his moving lips against my defined baby bump made me smile.

Ever since we found out that we were pregnant he talks to the baby, morning, noon, and night. Sometimes he'll even sing.

Laying flat on his stomach in between my open legs, he pecked the lowest part of my bump. "...I wish you could see daddy on television today. But don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities. Daddy's a musician, so I'm pretty sure I'll be the coolest dad out of all your friends." Of course, he's going to be one of dads.

"Mommy's cool too. She's a nurse which means she loves to help people when they need it the most. She's even saved lives before, isn't that awesome? She's definitely one in a million, and she just so happens to be mine."

Just as his glistening hazel eyes met mine, I felt a tumbling-like motion in my lower abdomen.

I slapped him on his shoulder. "P, the baby moved again!"

To feel the baby move for the first time a few days ago was so indescribable. It made everything feel all the more real.

His hand ran from the right side of my stomach to the left in hopes of catching the sporadic movement. "I can't feel it J."

"I don't think you will babe, at least not right now. It feels," I looked up to the ceiling in search of the perfect description. "...It feels like a fluttering butterfly rather than a jab. P, you don't understand how lucky you are. All you had to do was shoot my club up. You don't have to experience your bladder becoming a punching bag or the kicks to the ribs."

He chuckled as he relaxed his head on the other half of my pillow. "Shoot the club up? You make it sound so unromantic."

"Sorry. But you do have the easy part of the job. You don't have to worry about getting stretch marks or the fatigue or possibly tearing during childbirth. Honey it's—"

He gently grabbed my chin and put a halt to my rambling as he engulfed my lips with his own. "Jazz you're not going to get stretch marks and you're not going to tear...whatever that means. I don't think my responsibilities as a dad will be any easier. But regardless, I'll be there for you and be beside you every step of the way."

I smiled. "Is that right?"

"It is," He gave me another reassuring kiss. I appreciate the fact he can keep me level-headed, at least most of the time.

"So you're not going to pass out on me during labor?"

"Relax mama. Contrary to what you believe, I'm going to be there holding your hand during the water birth. Keeping you as calm as possible, coaching you through it."

I tapped the tip of my chin. "Okay so what about after? Can I count on you to change diapers?"

His eyes grew wide. "We'll talk about that later but right now I need to go take a shower." I knew it.